Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-15-2014, 10:00 AM   #161
DarkForce

Default Re: Meta: LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

Age of Monsters is recruiting!

2000 years ago in the history of Solaria. The insane mage Sakar opened and released his diabolical beastiary. Now the monsters roam free like natural beasts of this world.

Young People from around the world have developed techniques and traditions of hunting and capturing these monsters and fighting them in tournaments to see who is the best and claim the title of champion.

Do you have what it takes to capture monsters and train them to be the best? do you have what it takes to claim the title of champion?

**small note this is not a game where normal real animals will be fighting only magical fanciful creatures are used.**
DarkForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:04 PM   #162
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchsknight View Post
Age of Monsters is recruiting!

2000 years ago in the history of Solaria. The insane mage Sakar opened and released his diabolical beastiary. Now the monsters roam free like natural beasts of this world.

Young People from around the world have developed techniques and traditions of hunting and capturing these monsters and fighting them in tournaments to see who is the best and claim the title of champion.

Do you have what it takes to capture monsters and train them to be the best? do you have what it takes to claim the title of champion?

**small note this is not a game where normal real animals will be fighting only magical fanciful creatures are used.**

I am interested. Count me in!
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #163
3d6

Quick question. I have a setting and rules in mind for a campaign that will be played online chat or maybe skype. Can I post all the information in a new thread under this section, even though it wont be play by post? And if not is there a better forum section I post in?

-Rocky
~Ezekiel 25:17~
3d6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #164
Poonbahbah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
I was going to title that "looking for group," but it's sort of the other way around.

This thread is for Game Masters to use, posting when their games are actively seeking new players, and deleting or editing their posts when their games are not seeking new players.

I also encourage GMs to edit their first post in an OOC thread for their game, to reflect if they are or are not interested in new players currently.

If the thread gets too cumbersome for some reason, I reserve the right to prune it without mercy. Rar.

EDIT 1/12/11: This thread is for Looking For Players for online play on the SJGames forums. If you are looking for players on another forum... Please go make a post at the Gamer Finder section of the forums. Thanks.

--Beth
Watch me answer by way of quoting the first post. In particular the 1/12/11 edit. Rar!
Old 10-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #165
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

As a reminder, Lost in dreams is recruiting! (as always)

A fairly normal person finds themselves naked and alone in strange worlds, taken by a seemingly uncontrollable jumper affect tied to dreams. The game focuses on social aspects, but does include action. The rate of play doesn't matter: these are one person campaigns, adapted for the weird schedules of PbP.

If you are interested express so in the OCC thread!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:27 PM   #166
Totem

Worlds of Fire is currently approaching the end of an Act. Once this Act is completed we'll be in an interim stage where players can drop in and out. As such, I'm recruiting.

Check the OOC thread for character details, some basic backstory, and house rules. PM me with a basic character concept (check p B11 for some questions that you could try looking to answer) and some idea of skills and abilities, and I'll work from there.

Familiarity with the story so far isn't vital. Familiarity with the background would be very useful.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #167
timeladymanedwolf

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...56#post1828656

I'm looking for players.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:23 PM   #168
Totem

Reposting this because I've got another player who has gone intermittent. I've had a couple of people interested in joining the game, but nothing definite yet and I'll need a couple of definite ones at least.

Worlds of Fire is currently approaching the end of an Act. Once this Act is completed we'll be in an interim stage where players can drop in and out. As such, I'm recruiting.

Check the OOC thread for character details, some basic backstory, and house rules. PM me with a basic character concept (check p B11 for some questions that you could try looking to answer) and some idea of skills and abilities, and I'll work from there.

Familiarity with the story so far isn't vital. Familiarity with the background would be very useful.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #169
TheOneRonin

I'm interested in running a Modern Action/Spy type game and I'm trying to probe for interest.

The game will be set in current time and the characters will be a team of US CIA Paramilitary Officers that will be on a globe-hopping hunt for terrorists/bad guys.

I'm shooting for a fairly realistic approach, but will be using some cinematic switches, especially for melee combat.

I'll be pulling from Martial Arts, Tactical Shooting, and Technical Grappling, so you'll need to make sure you are familiar with those rulesets.

Also, I'm planning on running just a single mission at first. If everyone has a good time and stays engaged, I'll turn it into a full-fledged campaign.

Since most of us have jobs and lives outside of GURPS, I'm not going to be really strict on posting frequency. We can work out the details once we get the team solidified.

My goal is to get 4 - 5 players for this game. More than that tends to be cumbersome to run.
TheOneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:24 AM   #170
fifiste

Color me interested.
fifiste is offline   Reply With Quote