Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-23-2007, 04:50 PM   #101
Sylver
MIB

Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteris
Nain gently squeezed Rina-el's hand and whispered "I don't think you could do anything about the place where I had to work. It was in Hell and I'd hate for you to have to go there. But thanks for offering, sweetie." She flashed Gerhard a dazzling smile, then added "Oh yeah, my role name is Mirabella Whitestone. Just call me Mira."
OOC - was that before or after the kids showed up?
Quote:
She looked up as Corat and Aaron entered and she gave both a casual wave. Aaron recieved a quick handshake. She looked over when the kids entered and then really looked at them, invoking her resonance. She saw the need for magic and excitement in the eyes of Eliza and Jordan, and how it could draw them to their Destiny or their Fate. She felt pity well up for these lost souls.

"Hey guys." She gave Eliza in particular her best warm smile (OOC: Emoting openness and cheerfulness for all she's worth). "I'm Mira. Nice to meet you! You want to maybe sit with your friend over here?" She gestured to a nearby empty table close to the others. "No pressure, but it is open and out of the crowd." She looked over at Jordan, then at both him and Eliza together. "So did you like our little performance at the Bazaar?"

OOC: Resonance results given by Barbara.
Rina-el gives Nain a grateful look. She puts her arm around Corat and laughing from the enthusiastic hug, takes the remainder of her hot chocolate to the new table and sits on one of the ends.

Last edited by Sylver; 09-23-2007 at 04:52 PM. Reason: fixing quotes
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:25 AM   #102
Methariel

Shenmachel takes his seat at the other end of the table, building a counterbalance to Rina-el's open, cheerful manner.
There he sits and watches the others, looking calm and serious, perhaps still a little annoyed.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:24 AM   #103
rudeboyscott

"Ah, Eliza, what a pretty name," he says to the teen. "Did you know it translates roughly to 'God is my oath?' Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Not really, Mitch," Aaron replies, turning to the other man with a slight grin. He clasps his hands in front of his chin and glances around the coffee shop. Hoping Mitch picks up on the slightest questioning tone in his voice, he says, "This is a nice place for a conversation, isn't it?"
rudeboyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #104
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboyscott
"Ah, Eliza, what a pretty name," he says to the teen. "Did you know it translates roughly to 'God is my oath?' Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Not really, Mitch," Aaron replies, turning to the other man with a slight grin. He clasps his hands in front of his chin and glances around the coffee shop. Hoping Mitch picks up on the slightest questioning tone in his voice, he says, "This is a nice place for a conversation, isn't it?"
Mitch glances at the goth teens still hanging around and says quietly "I did not expect outside company. I was hoping this would be a private place for us to meet and catch each other up on what is going on. But it looks like it is not to be so perhaps we should take the time to question these teenagers on what they know of this so called Dark Man." Turning to the teen who previously adressed him he says "Pardon me, but are you active in the Goth commumity? If so, what can you tell me about the man holding the ritual at the con?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:15 PM   #105
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
Mitch ... Turning to the teen who previously adressed him he says "Pardon me, but are you active in the Goth commumity? If so, what can you tell me about the man holding the ritual at the con?"
((If any Seraphim have their resonance on, drop me a PM))

Jordan looks at himself, realizes he's dressed discreetly, and looks at Mitch. A fine balance has been reached, and while he's talking to Mitch he's responding to Aaron.

"I was there. Usually I'd say Gavin's a poser, and meeting you guys I don't know. He did promise to summon angels, and then you and him, " indicates Wyatt, "show up, and Gideon goes all weird. Maybe he was in on it, I dunno. I want my money back, but I don't think there'll be anything left once Ryuki's done with him." Jordan seems upset, cynical, and backs off a minute to deal with his emotions. Eliza steps forward, a little.

"Gavin's a nice guy for an older man, but he's screwed up his life and now he's using magick to compensate for it. I mean, you know, he used to be cool. Then he started getting creepy, you know? It was like hanging with a dirty old man who was always laughing at you. I mean, no wonder his wife left him. He just, like, something not normal."

"Sad. Pathetic loser. I mean, he was always kind of sad in like a needy way, but now he's so fake. Lives in a sh**hole in Watts, can't have parties anymore now that the wife got the house." Jordan shakes his head at the thought. "How did you guys end up there? I paid forty bucks to get into that room, and you," indicates Corat, "just waltzed in."

Corat/Wyatt looks around the table, realizing his celestial friends want some information, but want the privacy at some point too. "Ryuki's an old friend of mine, and I wanted to catch up with him. I'd heard he was going to be there and wanted him to meet some of the rest of my crew. Bad timing I guess."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 09-24-2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: minor but confusing typo
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:28 AM   #106
Methariel

Shenmachel makes an inviting gesture towards the still standing teenagers, although the motion is almost commanding.

"Sit down, please. Eliza, Jordan, you others, you may call me by 'Gerhard Reuter'. What are your names?
Jordan, you mentioned a certain 'Gideon' that went 'weird'. I also noticed you saying that you believed he was an angel, but do not any more.
Can you explain to me what you mean by this?"

He looks at them seriously and definitely interested.

Last edited by Methariel; 09-25-2007 at 03:34 AM.
Methariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:01 PM   #107
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
Shenmachel makes an inviting gesture towards the still standing teenagers, although the motion is almost commanding.

"Sit down, please. Eliza, Jordan, you others, you may call me by 'Gerhard Reuter'. What are your names?
Jordan, you mentioned a certain 'Gideon' that went 'weird'. I also noticed you saying that you believed he was an angel, but do not any more.
Can you explain to me what you mean by this?"

He looks at them seriously and definitely interested.
The other kids trickle in around the table but don't introduce themselves--brain freeze from the frozen coffee drinks maybe. ;)

Jordan notices the stiff phrasing (and German accent, if there is one) right away. He looks to Wyatt to explain, but Wyatt just shrugs. " 'We got halo gatecrashers!' ? He's got more respect for angels than that. Nobody I know calls them 'halos'. And then he unleashes his sword, which he usually polishes like it's his baby, and attacks Ryuki with it. Stupid, part two. He claims he was possessed. Yeah, right."
Old 09-26-2007, 02:21 AM   #108
Methariel

[OOC: Yes, there is a slight German accent, although perhaps only because Shenmachel likes it that way.]

The Seraph listens to Jordan attentively. He concentrates for a moment, trying to get in tune with the magnificent Symphony around him, and repeats:

"So 'Gideon' called Mr. Wyatt and the others 'halos'? And that is unusual for him, because usually he shows more respect to the servants of the Lord? On which occasions were you able to observe him being respectful towards or speaking respectful about angels? If there were many occasions, please, just mention a few.
Also, he carries a sword. Can you describe the weapon a little more accurately? There are many types of swords...
Why was it stupid of him to attack Ryuki? And why didn't he succeed? Did he explain who - or what - it was that possessed him?
And I hope I may thank you for your faithful answers in advance.
Oh, Eliza, if you can add some information, you're as welcome to answer as Jordan is."

He still tries to meet their eyes, hoping to get more information through a little staring.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:18 PM   #109
tHEhERETIC

Default Big scary guy. Freaky shy kids. Really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
[OOC: Yes, there is a slight German accent, although perhaps only because Shenmachel likes it that way.]

The Seraph listens to Jordan attentively. He concentrates for a moment, trying to get in tune with the magnificent Symphony around him, and repeats:

"So 'Gideon' called Mr. Wyatt and the others 'halos'? And that is unusual for him, because usually he shows more respect to the servants of the Lord? On which occasions were you able to observe him being respectful towards or speaking respectfully about angels? If there were many occasions, please, just mention a few.
Also, he carries a sword. Can you describe the weapon a little more accurately? There are many types of swords...
Why was it stupid of him to attack Ryuki? And why didn't he succeed? Did he explain who - or what - it was that possessed him?
And I hope I may thank you for your faithful answers in advance.
Oh, Eliza, if you can add some information, you're as welcome to answer as Jordan is."

He still tries to meet their eyes, hoping to get more information through a little staring.
Wyatt buries his head on Rina-el's shoulder, softly muttering so he hopes only she can hear..."Seraphim! Why?"

Jordan looks at you, horrified. "Ask your friend, he was there." He indicates Mitch, then looks around and also indicates Wyatt. "C'mon people, I think we better go." He gets up and starts to leave, leading the others out with him.

((OOC I'll give you folks another round to decide/persuade the kids to stay. Game time, a few seconds. Real time, minimum six hours.
And Seraphim players don't go too far. What botches with Jordan may work with less touchy characters.))

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 09-26-2007 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Reaction shot from the Windy
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:15 AM   #110
Methariel

[OOC: Hm, it seems that Jordan is rather sensitive to someone acting authoritarian. Or is there something else behind him being "horrified"? (Elohite, I'm looking at you. ;) )
Or did the Seraph do something wrong which he doesn't realize because of (his/my) problems with English?
And, again I have to excuse for not being a native speaker, what do you mean by "not going too far", Barbara?]

Shenmachel looks at Jordan and shakes his head slightly.

"So you rather retreat - or flee - than face the opposition?"

Tags
in nomine