Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 08-28-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
JackShadow

Default What I really want for Car Wars...

... is a Click-Base Format. I know Car Wars purists will hate it but I think it is the best way to update the game. I dislike the randomness of current clicky games but the amount of variation they have fit onto the figures would allow a large variety of detail (damage locations, multiple weapons and ammo, etc). I am one of the players that doesn't care at all about car design. I just want to play a fun, fast game of Car Wars and a 3-D, pre-painted model would help the game compete in the market place much better than flat cardstock.
JackShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 10:37 AM   #2
Mahdimael

Default Re: What I really want for Car Wars...

I don't disagree with this- in fact, I really think the current version's rules would work pretty well as a clicky game- they're fast and the absence of vehicle design rules wouldn't hurt it too much- just release a few new cars a month.

If SJG was to do that, however, I think that the more detailed rules we've described in the forum should be released as well, for both the experienced car wars player as well as for th e clicky-game player that wants something a little more in-depth.

Obligatory blog link
http://milk-tsk.blogspot.com
Now with more verisimilitude
Mahdimael is offline   Reply With Quote