Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 05-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #31
ldj00

Default Re: Have you ever used Car Wars in other settings?

Hello,

I used Car Wars in the late 80s, early 90s as a vehicle system for Cyberpunk. It didnt work out so well, if I remember correctly.

I also used Car Wars as system for a Mad Max setting and for a near future sci-fi setting that was just shy of a Supers setting. In that last setting, I made a power armor template and varied the baddies with different weapons and accessories, usually one vehicle weapon, usually shoulder mounted, and one GE scale weapon, hand held. I think it used a motorcycle powerplant, but I have lost my notes on that game, so this is all from faded memory.

I was hoping to recreate that setting, once the new Car Wars came out.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:36 PM   #32
ElLoboGordo

This has got me to thinking that maybe Car Wars' roleplaying side would be well-served as a FATE book. That way you *could* do anything setting-wise, and the rules would be flexible enough both to handle the flavor AND provide interesting bonuses in a duel.

I know, it's probably some kind of major social error to mention FATE on the forum that supports GURPS, but there it is. :)

And if you're in flyover country, consider linking into Tornado Alley Game Guild!
ElLoboGordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:13 PM   #33
Chris Goodwin

Necro again...

Blazer Blade: This is a weapon that uses some technobabble to generate a glowing blade on a hilt. (You know what it looks like.) Does up to 1d damage; does full damage to vehicular armor and components, but reflective armor has its usual effect on blazer blade attacks. Smoke, paint, and other gases have no effect on blazer blades. Can be set to stun as with blazer pistols and rifles. Has no range, but acts as a sword and uses the Melee Weapons skill. It may also require some other kinds of special abilities to use; especially skilled and/or mystical blazer bladesmen might even be able to use their abilities to increase the blazer blade's damage!

I've started a subreddit for discussion of INWO and Illuminati. Check it out!
Chris Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote