Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-30-2020, 08:08 AM   #31
cptbutton

Default Re: Infinite Worlds Timeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallatari View Post
I will point out that Infinite Worlds - Worlds of Horror (I think, but possibly Lost Worlds) advances the timeline from 2027 somewhere into the 2030s... presumably a number of years equal to the difference in when the pdf was published.

I haven't included those references since my campaign hasn't reached that point in the timeline yet (I just reached early 2029)
Thank you! That is the sort of thing I meant.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:15 AM   #32
Kallatari

Quote:
2022: An unauthorized attack by Homeline Russian Spetsnaz on Reich-5 resulted in the Russians being killed, and the Infinity Patrol sent to stop them having members and a conveyor captured. Infinity closes the worldline from all further access, fearing that they were now aware of interworld travel and didn't want the Reich to gain any more technology or knowledge. UNIC prepares the plans for Operation Firefall - a full scale invasion by Homeline - but the plans are shelved, fearing that it was too likely to end up with the world obtaining parachronic technology and becoming Homeline's enemy.

2024: The Raven Division from Reich-5 discovers and conquers the world of Nostradamus. With that world, the Raven-Division soon discovers the Chronobahn crossroads leading to four other worlds. They quickly expand along the Chronobahn to invade the "neighboring" worlds, including Friedrich.
Oh, my timeline was for the players, so it leaves out a few GM tidbits. The 2022 attack led Reich-5 in acquiring a world-jumper among a captured Russian Spetsnaz, which eventually leads to their breeding program for world jumpers and the creation of the Raven Division (among many other plots for the GM's eyes only), which is how they were then able to expand out in 2024.

Reich-5 is up to various other things since then as well, as described in the Infinite Worlds book.
Kallatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:29 AM   #33
Kallatari

A few other events referred to in the books that I couldn't find a perfect place to fit in the timeline (some of which I still have page references for):

Orichalcum was found after the United States of Lizardia was discovered.

Ragnarok: Infinity arrived 10 years after the war. Started humanitarian efforts.

Homeline France attempted to overthrow the South Carolina government on Britannica-1 (p.43)

Amnesty Unlimited accidentally overthrew Earth-Beta's Iran government with a rescue mission (p.44)

281 of 379 timelines in Q6 are historical echoes.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:56 AM   #34
Kallatari

Quote:
I will point out that Infinite Worlds - Worlds of Horror (I think, but possibly Lost Worlds) advances the timeline from 2027 somewhere into the 2030s... presumably a number of years equal to the difference in when the pdf was published.

I haven't included those references since my campaign hasn't reached that point in the timeline yet (I just reached early 2029).
As I for some reason have inexplicable free time at home on my hands, I went back through Infinite Worlds - Lost Worlds to add the last parts to the timeline. This product seems to advance the timeline to 2035, it's never explicitly stated but can be inferred in two places:
- Gothic-2, where it says a scandal in 2032 Homeline year has lead to 3 years of mired bureaucracy.
- Gotha-Z where it says opened for tourism six year ago in 2029 Homeline year; it's actually phrased in a way that might mean 6 years before the plague struck the world, thus 10 years ago, but the six years matches the Gothic-2 times much better. So I'm going with that.

It does lead to the confusing aspect of thinking that the "local year" in the description box of each of the Worlds of Horror are to be matched with 2027, like all other Infinite World products, but that is unfortunately not the case. That can be "housed ruled" away by pushing back all of the date highlighted below by 8 years to fit into a 2027 start date if desired.

But if you want "cannon", here are events to add to the timeline:

2021: Centrum infiltrates the world of Kaiserreich-4 (a GM note as Homeline not aware)

2024: Homeline conducts its initial survey of the Gothic-2, in the local year 1807.

2029: Homeline opens the world Oppenheim, in the local year 1916, for touring.

2031: On Oppenheim, in the local year 1918, the Spanish Flu somehow blends with the Gotha virus, creating the Gotha-Z virus that not only drives the living to madness and fills graveyards to overflowing - it empties the graveyards out again as the dead rise and stalk the living everywhere. Access to the world is quickly restricted, and it is renamed from Oppenheim to Gotha-Z.

2032 - On Homeline, the collapse of Austrian government touched off a gigantic scandal in the EU: Startling amounts of money flowed from various pharmaceutical and biotech companies to Social Democratic Party politicians in at least four countries. And the byzantine, convoluted money trail led – eventually – to Gothic-2. Normally, the Patrol would shut down access to the worldline and flood the problem with I-Cops. But someone in the EU – or a conspiracy of several someones – still swings a lot of weight, and they have Justice Division completely stonewalled in Homeline. Their juice even reaches into UNIC; Infinity’s change-of-status report (shifting Gothic-2 from R6 to R1) is still mired in the bureaucracy today, three years later (2035). Infinity is therefore limited to investigating the conspiracy from the Gothic-2 end.

2035: Current campaign date

I think I'll also go plug these events back in my other timeline in the previous posts, just to keep it all in one place.

Worlds of Horror also has some additional activities of Merlin-1 on Taft-1, but they can't be pinned to any given year... plus that information is likely not known by people on Homeline anyway, as Merlin-1's interworld teams are still unknown to the two major world-hopping groups, Homeline and Centrum. Reich-5 is aware of them and actually deals with some locals on Merlin-1 (not sure if a year was given for when that alliance happened in the core book). Cabal probably has spies on Merlin-1 as well.

Last edited by Kallatari; 03-30-2020 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:24 AM   #35
maximara
On Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thastygliax View Post
The IW book doesn't offer a lot in the way of specific dates for Homeline events, but does mention several ways that parachronics has had an impact on Homeline society (increased influence of the UN; higher standard of living due to increased resources; widespread availability of entertainment media that "never happened" in Homeline; etc.).

The hard and fast dates tend to be scattered through the text a bit--such as when certain timelines were discovered, which can be found in those timelines' profiles. Most of the dates that are important enough to be pinned down involve either 1) the emergence of parachronics or 2) the history of contact with Centrum and Reich-5.
The problem is if you look at GURPS Time Travel many of those dates go wonky real fast resulting in there having to be a Homeline-2 os those "hard and fast" date may not be that hard and fast.

Centrum Beta-2 is a puzzle as neither Homeline makes any mention of there being a war going on making Centrum wonder if it has somehow avoided the devastating 1902-1912 war they had. This has made finding and gaining access to this reality a top priority as the feeling is it is existing on borrowed time.

The Worlds of Infinite Worlds list highlights the four worlds that got wonky dates.
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.

Last edited by maximara; 03-31-2020 at 07:31 AM.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:43 AM   #36
Kallatari

Just flagging that I added a few more entries into the main timeline post, adding a few more GM-centric elements I had left out initially.

2021: A Merlin-1 CIA agent secretly infiltrates Homeline, indicating the start of Merlin-1 as a new hidden cross-world power.

2026: The Condor Group of Merlin-1, thanks to the "Perón-Penguin Pact” allowing them to study the Queen Maud Land
Hellstorm, made contact with Reich-5's Armanen Order.

2027: Reich-5's Raven Division, with the help of the Condor Group, establishes a secret based on Merlin-1.

Last edited by Kallatari; 04-23-2020 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2020, 03:33 AM   #37
arcanus

I've been meaning to post this for a while.

This is my campaigns Homeline timeline, its unashamably kitchen sink (the beauty of The Infinite Worlds setting) and non canon.

Essentially a little Homeline bureaucracy and building on The Secret also being around Homeline seeing outworld threats growing as Infinity discovers more hell, magical or Z worldlines.

Sheldrake has become more prominent in view of The Cabal and the above, however mainstream administration and science communities are still very against the whole concept of magic but tolerate it due to The Cabal and others potentially being able to operate on Homeline.

Plus mixed in with some of the ideas on The Gurps Wiki.

1922 to 2014
Spoiler:  

Last edited by arcanus; 07-21-2020 at 02:20 PM.
arcanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:41 AM   #38
arcanus

2015 to 2023
Spoiler:  

Last edited by arcanus; 01-10-2021 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-21-2020, 03:47 AM   #39
arcanus

2024 to 2027
Spoiler:  

Last edited by arcanus; 03-13-2021 at 05:28 AM.
Old 07-21-2020, 03:50 AM   #40
arcanus

2028 to 2037
Spoiler:  

Last edited by arcanus; 01-10-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Tags
infinite worlds