Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-08-2020, 01:09 PM   #1
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default July 2020 Progress Report

Steve has posted a new report on the line.

https://thefantasytrip.game/news/202...ogress-report/
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:59 PM   #2
larsdangly

Default Re: July 2020 Progress Report

Really outstanding! This is an exciting lineup of material that I'm happy to see weighs the page count toward things that can be used at the table. The giant battle mat of Skarg's Tavern is a particularly welcome surprise! This will be our first dedicated table-top aid created for a non-dungeon/cave structure, so will do a lot for the range.

A quick question about the new colored MH sheets: any idea when these will ship to people who preordered through w23?

You obviously have a lot on your plate for the next 6 months, but looking at the current and planned lineup the one thing that might be a particularly welcome further addition is a spell book. Quality counts more than quantity in this department, but another 100+ interesting spells and enchantments might really open up that side of the game, and nothing like it has been offered beyond a couple of short articles. Food for thought...

Also, if you are contemplating later marker/map/card offerings, I would say our MH collection is looking very good, and you already plan to bring out new markers so that will naturally grow, so perhaps the more heavily used cards would be a smart investment. I'm finding that I use the existing cards at the table about 1,000,000 times more often now that there is a critical mass. 10 cards is a curiosity; 100 is a resource. So, that would be time well spent.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 02:12 PM   #3
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
A quick question about the new colored MH sheets: any idea when these will ship to people who preordered through w23?
We're estimating an October delivery.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:38 PM   #4
Shostak

This is just wonderful! I could never have guessed TFT would enjoy this level of support. The only drawback is that I'm going to have to explain to my so-far-understanding wife that I need even more TFT goodness. Maybe one of the Kickstarter add-ons could be Octopi chocolates? Those might help.
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:52 PM   #5
larsdangly

I was starting to get the occasional funny look from my family as the TFT swag accumulated this year, but I recently ran a super fun 'hunger games' themed game for us all and now they are all converts!
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:45 PM   #6
Fred Skin

Full color counters would be fantastic
Fred Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:37 AM   #7
Shadekeep

Loads of cool stuff in the pipeline! Gonna have to get that playmat, and of course the Old School Monsters bestiary. Good luck with the MicroQuests initiative, too!
Old 07-09-2020, 07:47 AM   #8
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Skin View Post
Full color counters would be fantastic
No plans for color counters. If we were to do something different to represent characters/monsters on the table, we would go well beyond color counters.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:48 AM   #9
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shostak View Post
This is just wonderful! I could never have guessed TFT would enjoy this level of support.
This could only happen without the continued support and encouragement of the Kickstarter backers. We're not offering the line to distributors, so all of the line's success comes down to: Is there enough interest?

Yes, and we're hoping that interest only continues to grow.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:17 AM   #10
Zimzerveran

Well, you can count me in. I'm jumping on that next Kickstarter the day it opens up. More Hexagrams! More monsters! More of everything!
Zimzerveran is offline   Reply With Quote