Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-06-2018, 03:15 PM   #1
Michael Thayne

Default Holy Hunters

I just wanted to say this is an awesome source. It was always strange to have such enormous areas of religion and myth as a giant question-mark in Monster Hunters games, and now that's no longer a problem. My only gripe is that it's so short—OTOH it's a bargain at $6.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:29 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: Holy Hunters

Still reading it. Reminds me of the old Third Edition days, when you bought a book more as a reference tool than a crunch book.
A great book to end the year on!
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:47 PM   #3
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Still reading it. Reminds me of the old Third Edition days, when you bought a book more as a reference tool than a crunch book.
A great book to end the year on!
A majority of the page count is PC abilities and monsters. More of both would have been nice, but, hey, $6.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:57 PM   #4
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
I just wanted to say this is an awesome source. It was always strange to have such enormous areas of religion and myth as a giant question-mark in Monster Hunters games, and now that's no longer a problem. My only gripe is that it's so short—OTOH it's a bargain at $6.
Oh, thanks for the mention, I didn't know this was out! There goes another 6$...
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:22 PM   #5
b-dog

This type of book is something I think I will really enjoy. I think it could be useful for something like GURPS Silk Road and Arabian Nights. Hopefully it will be adapted for DF do that there are ideas for dungeons in exotic lands with real world religions.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:56 PM   #6
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
This type of book is something I think I will really enjoy. I think it could be useful for something like GURPS Silk Road and Arabian Nights. Hopefully it will be adapted for DF do that there are ideas for dungeons in exotic lands with real world religions.
A lot of the Mystic powers will work in DF. However more relevant to you is the first chapter I think. It discusses real world religions in a very sucient and gameable manner as background, and you may like some of the monsters in a later chapter as well.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 12-06-2018, 08:38 PM   #7
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
A lot of the Mystic powers will work in DF. However more relevant to you is the first chapter I think. It discusses real world religions in a very sucient and gameable manner as background, and you may like some of the monsters in a later chapter as well.
Abilities are likely good fits for Dungeon Fantasy. Monsters are designed to be tough fights against 400-point characters with TL8 tech though.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:16 PM   #8
Tinman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Abilities are likely good fits for Dungeon Fantasy. Monsters are designed to be tough fights against 400-point characters with TL8 tech though.
But so much of TL8 combat power is guns & a lot of the MH monsters are quite vulnerable to swords, axes & spells.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:28 PM   #9
b-dog

It would be cool to have a Monster Hunters: Dark Ages and Dungeons supplement. It could have real world religions along with treasures and dungeon designs that fit in with a a culture. Like India or Bali with dungeons that make sense there and treasure and monsters that fit the culture there. It could be like World of Darkness Dark Ages but with more monsters and treasure.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:26 AM   #10
Refplace

My review.
https://refplace.blogspot.com/2018/1...rs-6-holy.html
My GURPS Wiki entries

Tags
holy hunters, monster hunters