Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-20-2020, 12:58 AM   #11
RyanW

Default Re: Dual Weapon/Extra Attack with combos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrisius View Post
so even with extra attack i can only do one combo a turn, the only way around it would be alter time rate then and as far as i have ambidexterity then its all -what ever and i dont have the -4 from off hand on my attacks....right?
If I'm reading you right, yes. No matter how many attacks you get per turn, you can only replace one with a Rapid Strike or Dual Weapon attack (and combinations are just a specific application of the Rapid Strike option), but Altered Time Rate effectively gets you an extra turn.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:31 PM   #12
Plane

Default Re: Dual Weapon/Extra Attack with combos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
DWA and Rapid Strikes cannot be used together, so that is a major factor.
Given that we do have a situation where they can be for thrown weapons (MA120-121) allowing this rules exemption for other attack types (maybe a -1 technique penalty "special benefit"?) should be put on the table.

If we don't do this then paired TBAM attackers lose the inherent benefit multiple weapons are meant to have over a single weapon as represented by DWAM. There won't be incentive to alternate if it's the same fixed accumulative penalty either way...

Maybe on top of the usual -6/-3/-2/-1 for rapid strike there should be an accumulating -1 to skill per previously launched attack with a particular weapon or body part? Similar to how parries begin unpenalized and accrue penalties.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote