Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:06 PM   #111
Blue Ghost

Default Re: Ogre Computer Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochJake View Post
Hi folks!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Steam page for the digital version is now up, confirmed for release on October 5th!

This means you can wishlist the game and be kept up-to-date with announcements, screenshots and videos, release information and more!

If you haven't seen it yet, the trailer is also now available on YouTube.

As mentioned briefly already in this thread, there is now a dedicated forum for the computer game which can be found here, but we'll still check in here from time to time too. If you have any questions or feedback, the best place is the aforementioned forum :)

Thanks!
My salivary glands are working overtime >:)
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:56 PM   #112
Leonidas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
It looks like it'll run fine on six-year-old macbooks just fine if you swap out the OS. Can you find a decommissioned machine to use?
Thanks for the advice. I could install the game in my wife six-screen PC, actually, which requires some ninja/hacking skills. After all the OGRE stuff I bought (and still buying) she may question my mental sanity....
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:13 AM   #113
Ursus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
After all the OGRE stuff I bought (and still buying) she may question my mental sanity....
Are you saying she doesn't already question it?
Old 08-18-2017, 09:40 AM   #114
ianargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
Are you saying she doesn't already question it?
My wife doesn't question my sanity - she know I don't have any. NEithe rof us do :)
ianargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:50 AM   #115
Blue Ghost

Maybe your wife needs some OGRE therapy. Drag her to a convention and let the dice fall where they may >:)
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:20 PM   #116
Leonidas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
Maybe your wife needs some OGRE therapy. Drag her to a convention and let the dice fall where they may >:)
If I lived in the US, I would do that for sure! She is a lovely woman but really not into gaming. I am rolling 1-2 on CRT to get her playing anything. She played OGRE once, though. That was sonething lovely.
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:59 AM   #117
AurochJake

Hi folks!

Just a quick note in here that our digital adaptation of Ogre is now accepting beta testers applications!

In a beta test, we provide you with an unreleased version of the game to take out for a spin - try out the systems we’ve implemented, see what we’ve built - and then you give us feedback. You might encounter the odd bug here or there, so we’ll expect you to send us bug reports as well.

It’s an exciting opportunity to see a game before it’s released, as well as providing meaningful criticism to help shape this very special digital adaptation of Ogre.

Want to get involved?
Fantastic. Please read the following instructions carefully...

With your application to become an official Ogre beta tester, it’s crucial that you tell us:
  • Your full name.
  • Which Ogre games (and related expansions) you’ve played.
  • How long, in years, you’ve been playing Ogre.
  • The last three video games you played.
  • Which platforms (Mac, PlayStation 4, Android tablet, etc.) you currently own and regularly use for gaming.
  • Which Ogre unit is your favorite (Mark IV, G.E.V.s, Infantry, etc) and why.

Send all of that information to us via our sign up form by the closing date of September 6th at 5PM UK time and we’ll be in touch some time after that date via e-mail to let you know if you’ve been chosen.

Please note:
  • To participate in this beta you must have Steam, on a Windows PC, running Windows 7 or later.
  • Application to the beta does not guarantee that you will be accepted into the beta program and we have the right to revoke access to it at any time, either on an individual or group basis. Access to the beta does not include access to the full game when it is released on Steam, so if you wish to continue playing after the beta ends you’ll need to purchase the game.
  • No screenshots, video footage, or written editorial of this beta may be shared publicly online or in print. The reason for this is simple: things could change quite dramatically between beta and release and we don’t want anyone outside of this beta to see an unrepresentative version of the game. (If you’re a YouTuber, streamer, or blogger, please get in touch with me via e-mail to ensure you’re first in line for preview and review builds.)
  • The game is very much in development and you should be aware that going into the beta program is an active part of that development. We will expect testers to answer questions and send us information when requested. If you don’t want to do those things then this beta isn’t for you.
  • Applying for the beta will also automatically sign you up for the Auroch Digital newsletter. It’s completely free and you can opt out at any time.

Got all that? Ace! Any questions about joining the beta? Feel free to e-mail me or post them here.

Thanks!
AurochJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:56 AM   #118
AurochJake

Hello everyone!

Jake from Auroch Digital here, and wow do we have a Christmas treat for you! You may be aware that we’ve been running Ogre Multiplayer Fridays recently as a way to get as many people involved in multiplayer games as possible. These have been good fun and have led to some fantastic games between members of this great community, and even between the developers and fans!

This week, as it’s the final Friday before Christmas, we’re giving you a chance to play not just against the developers of the digital adaptation, but against a range of Ogre and Steve Jackson Games’ royalty and celebrities, including the man himself!

The full list of celebrities and Ogre experts taking part is as follows;
Steve Jackson - the legendary designer of Ogre, GURPS, Car Wars, Munchkin and more… Available between 11 am - 4 pm EST, 4 pm - 9 pm UK
Winchell Chung - the man behind the iconic artwork of the original board game. 12 pm - 4 pm EST, 5 pm - 9 pm UK
Steven J Marsh - GURPS Project Manager. 4 pm - 8 pm EST, 9 pm - 1 am UK
Drew Metzger - Ogre Line Editor. 2 pm - 5 pm EST, 7 pm - 10 pm UK
Devin Lewis - Game Designer and Munchkin Editorial Assistant. 5 pm - 8 pm EST, 10 pm - 1 am UK.
Jake Connor - that’s me! Community Manager at Auroch Digital. 10 am - 2 pm EST, 3 pm - 7 pm UK.
Steve Martin - Designer on the Ogre Steam adaptation. 10 am - 2 pm EST, 3 pm - 7 pm UK

All you need to do is log in at any of the above times, head to ‘Ranked Matchmaking’ and begin searching!

Important note - matchmaking is random and there is no strict guarantee that you will definitely be matched with any of the noted participants above. We will be available throughout the day and playing against the first opponents we match against. We will be playing multiple games so if you don’t match someone above immediately, feel free to try again later! As a rule of thumb, a game takes around 30-45 mins.

As always on Multiplayer Fridays, there are six key times to be aware of, if you want to keep matching fellow players outside of the celebrity slots:

Friday 22nd December
UK - 3PM, 5PM, 7PM, 9PM, 11PM, 1AM
Eastern - 10AM, 12PM, 2PM, 4PM, 6PM, 8PM
Pacific - 07AM, 09AM, 11AM, 1PM, 3PM, 5PM

While you do need to be online to matchmake with an opponent, once a game is in progress you can safely log off, play single player or other multiplayer games, and make custom scenarios. You’ll also receive a notification within Steam whenever your opponent finishes all their actions - perfect if your opponent is halfway across the world. Just remember that if you are playing a celebrity, you need to complete your game during their scheduled time slot on December 22.

Pro tip: you can participate in multiple games at once. Simply repeat the procedure to enter a Ranked or Custom Game. To see your active games, just go to the Multiplayer screen, and select 'Active Games'. You should see 'Ranked' and 'Custom' tabs, where each type of game is held.

We look forward to seeing you on the battlefield this Friday!

PLEASE NOTE: If you encounter any issues with turn switching/phase ending, please let us know using the information here. It's an edge-case issue, so hopefully you won't encounter it at all, but we've added more logging to the back-end of the game so if you do send us a log, we should be able to get it tracked and solved ASAP.

If you do encounter any issues, it's normally worth quitting back to the menu and re-entering the game, as this often 'refreshes' your game :)

Thanks!
AurochJake is offline   Reply With Quote