Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 02-02-2019, 10:24 PM   #11
Anthony

Default Re: Upgrading EQ

Can just add a surcharge. The prices for enchantments in DFRPG are discounted by 40% ($20/energy instead of $33) on the assumption that they're used.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:47 PM   #12
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
The prices are based on GURPS Magic, using either quick and dirty (price under $100) or slow and sure (price greater than that). Anything Q&D can be finished in one day, assuming an enchanter is available.
Every Enchantment in DFRPG is 20$/point except Staff. Because Mages are Cheaty McCheatfaces and sell that particular Enchantment for 1$/point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWJ View Post
I definitely want to give an option to upgrade items (if not, Weapon Bond and Signature Gear are next to point waste), just not to make it equally (or more) profitble than replacing the old ones by new ones.
Then have an Enchanter that will do the work and set his time at:

COST/20=Days.

Or if that's too long, set it at some other number. Some GMs do a variable of d6 weeks, or d6 weeks per 1K$.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:57 PM   #13
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Or if that's too long, set it at some other number. Some GMs do a variable of d6 weeks, or d6 weeks per 1K$.
New alchemical item: "enchanter's paint" (or w/e). Used to paint mystical patterns on an item to be enchanted; each unit of paint is $20 (or $33), takes 1 minute to apply (possibly with a skill check) and provides 1 energy towards Q&D enchantment on the item to be painted.

Items more than 800 energy will run into penalties for long days (because Q&D still takes 1 hour per 100 energy), but otherwise it handles large enchantment just fine without changing economics.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:49 AM   #14
sjard
Stick in the Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
New alchemical item: "enchanter's paint" (or w/e). Used to paint mystical patterns on an item to be enchanted; each unit of paint is $20 (or $33), takes 1 minute to apply (possibly with a skill check) and provides 1 energy towards Q&D enchantment on the item to be painted.

Items more than 800 energy will run into penalties for long days (because Q&D still takes 1 hour per 100 energy), but otherwise it handles large enchantment just fine without changing economics.
I'm going to say that this is probably an area of answers that likely falls into the topic of this thread: DFRPG forum content vs. GUPRS forum content.
MIB #1457
sjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:54 PM   #15
GWJ

After reading all of this, I think I will just make further enhancing free (just pay the difference), but if you want to add any Quality beside silver-coating (for weapon) or Mirrored (for shield) - your only way is to buy new weapon with such quality. I think it will be fair, and very balanced if I will not give them too much money in too little time ;) And maybe limit to one additional Enchantment per item week :)

Last edited by GWJ; 02-07-2019 at 11:00 PM.
GWJ is offline   Reply With Quote