Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 12-23-2023, 01:30 AM   #1
Draygon

Default The Forest Lords Of Dihad

Anybody here ever play this module, or anything within the Land beyond the mountains campaign setting? Anybody ever run.into EMIL JAGGOH, MORKASH THE DESECRATOR, or the ENONY BAND?
The descriptions says:
"Dihad ...Here, too, you'll meet Aril Malus, the self-styled Keeper of the Forests and his sworn enemy Morkash the Desecrator; Emil Jaggoh, the wily head of the Hadite government's secret espionage network, the Ebony Band; rugged loggers and woodmen of all stripes; and scores of other residents and transients through the Land."
Draygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 08:38 AM   #2
larsdangly

Default Re: The Forest Lords Of Dihad

Yes, I've used these, and still own a full set (the two statted for TFT, and the two that are system neutral but originally intended to be part of the same setting.

My general feeling these days is that they are fun to page through if you are a collector, and they are certainly the largest fully written up regional settings for TFT, but they aren't actually that great as roleplaying settings. Ardonirane is substantially better, to my taste. Also, the NPC's have stat levels that are way off the charts for LE play.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 09:00 PM   #3
Ferretman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygon View Post
Anybody here ever play this module, or anything within the Land beyond the mountains campaign setting? Anybody ever run.into EMIL JAGGOH, MORKASH THE DESECRATOR, or the ENONY BAND?
The descriptions says:
"Dihad ...Here, too, you'll meet Aril Malus, the self-styled Keeper of the Forests and his sworn enemy Morkash the Desecrator; Emil Jaggoh, the wily head of the Hadite government's secret espionage network, the Ebony Band; rugged loggers and woodmen of all stripes; and scores of other residents and transients through the Land."
I had slotted the first of these two into my campaign, with an eye towards moving the party (several thousand miles) via an adventure I had loosely called "The Epic". We'd eventually have ended up there in the easternmost area, and basically be dealing with new problems and such.

I ended up getting a real job and moving to Denver, which was the end of our campaign. I've got some notes for The Epic and character sheets but that was about it; we all went our own way after that.

Ferret
Ferretman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 07:02 AM   #4
JohnPaulB

I own both booklets and enjoy reading them every now and then. Never played it though.

The one I really wanted was the book on devastated Souker to the east and the capital of Dibrey. It would have been interesting to have data on a semi-post-apocalypse land with more of a tech slant.

Fantasy Chess: A chess game with combat.
Don't just take the square, Fight for it!
https://www.shadowhex.com
JohnPaulB is offline   Reply With Quote