Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #21
dataweaver

Default Re: Real Life Races Ahead of the Tech Level Again!

I thought as much; but I wanted to make sure, given the stated possibility that I was being insufficiently imaginative. :)

Also, all three of your options strike me as being every bit as "superscience" in nature as force fields are, as they all posit that physics works very differently than we think it does at TL8.

But anyway, thanks for confirming my speculation about neutrinos and Weak interactions.
dataweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #22
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: Real Life Races Ahead of the Tech Level Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataweaver View Post
I thought as much; but I wanted to make sure, given the stated possibility that I was being insufficiently imaginative. :)

Also, all three of your options strike me as being every bit as "superscience" in nature as force fields are, as they all posit that physics works very differently than we think it does at TL8.

But anyway, thanks for confirming my speculation about neutrinos and Weak interactions.
Well, there is still a lot we don't know giving room for oddities.
There is still the possibility of dark energy, matter, and whatever is causing the universe's increasing expansion to play with.
Trying to read those pages on the internet was a bit like my cat watching me in Halloween costume take off my mask... a lot of confusion.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote