Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #11
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: Left 4 Dead Zombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymdok View Post

p.s. 57 hours in the last 2 weeks! Thats a part time job! :)
Naw, that's a new game. It'll peter out to sensible levels after a while. For the first month, though, there's a love affair. I'll play the game 2-4 hours/night every work night, and then twice as long on Saturday and Sunday, racking up about 18-36 hours/week. Eventually, I'll play a couple of hours ever other night, and it'll fall to more like 7-8 hours/week. My L4D stats are bugged . . . I've played a lot, but not that much. It jumped about 300 hours in one night. :P
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:31 PM   #12
Nymdok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Naw, that's a new game. It'll peter out to sensible levels after a while. For the first month, though, there's a love affair. I'll play the game 2-4 hours/night every work night, and then twice as long on Saturday and Sunday, racking up about 18-36 hours/week. Eventually, I'll play a couple of hours ever other night, and it'll fall to more like 7-8 hours/week. My L4D stats are bugged . . . I've played a lot, but not that much. It jumped about 300 hours in one night. :P
Because its a game that naturally lends itself to Co-Op, My son and I are playing about 2 hours 3 nights a week (Work and school permitting) and as much as 6 Saturday and Sunday (Wyf-dok permitting).

Nymdok
Nymdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #13
Nymdok

So for the Hunter's Jump according to B352 and B89.

For 30 feet:
Jump Skill of 18 and 1 level of SJ
Jump Skill of 15 and 2 levels of SJ
Jump Skill of 7 and 3 levels of SJ

OR

Basic Move
9 and 1 level SJ
5.25 and 2 levels of SJ

Ill probably go with Jump skill 15 and 2 levels of Super Jump, that way My hands are free on DX.

Nymdok
Nymdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #14
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:

Because its a game that naturally lends itself to Co-Op, My son and I are playing about 2 hours 3 nights a week (Work and school permitting) and as much as 6 Saturday and Sunday (Wyf-dok permitting).
My wife and I both play, so I hear you. :) Feel free to add me on Steam, if you want. The profile pages I linked should let you do that.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:04 PM   #15
tg_ambro

Quote:

Nymdok
I played L4D with my siblings, and it was such a blast! Sadly, my video card died, leaving me unable to play L4D2. Happily, this weekend I'm recieving a new one!

On a related note, perhaps a GURPS Steam group should be created, if one doesn't exist already. Hope it won't be seen as rude to "friend" you on steam as well Kromm, and I'd like to "friend" you as well Nymdok, so pony up the info :-)

Check out my blog, Ambro's Brainwaves Pretend you have telepathy, read my thoughts!

Last edited by tg_ambro; 12-09-2009 at 02:11 PM.
tg_ambro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #16
Sam Baughn

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and some other bits.

Quote:
Basic Move 9 and 1 level SJ
5.25 and 2 levels of SJ
I'm fairly sure that hunters don't move any faster than normal humans apart from when they are jumping. In fact they seem fairly slow. They might have Semi Upright as well - they can't seem to walk while standing.
Sam Baughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #17
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg_ambro View Post

On a related note, perhaps a GURPS Steam group should be created, if one doesn't exist already. Hope it won't be seen as rude to "friend" you on steam as well Kromm, and I'd like to "friend" you as well Nymdok, so pony up the info :-)
Go ahead! I generally accept invites as long as I know who's asking.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #18
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Organism View Post

I'm fairly sure that hunters don't move any faster than normal humans apart from when they are jumping. In fact they seem fairly slow. They might have Semi Upright as well - they can't seem to walk while standing.
They have the same walk/run speed; in Versus, I can't overtake a running survivor by running, but I'm not left in the dust, either. However, hunters can hop constantly without doing a great huge leap; I'd probably give them Enhanced Move 0.5 on the ground, with the Temporary Disadvantage, Semi-Upright limitation. Or something like that.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #19
Sam Baughn

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and some other bits.

Incidentally, if a PC wanted to buy a built-in lasso like the Smoker's tongue, how should it be priced? Is it just a perk?
Sam Baughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #20
Ubiquitous

Uh, one thing I'm noticing? A lot of factors being mentioned seem to be game-wise balances for L4D, and not really apt for putting into GURPS.

For instance, the whole Witch Headshot thing, where shotguns can do it in one blow but a rifle can't...L4D-wise I see that as making an interesting mechanic for Witch-removal, risking limb for an insta-kill, not really a logic-thing. Unless you're planning to run your campaign with a bunch of 'just because' rules (and if you're doing it because you all like L4D, you just might, I'm not saying they're bad) then you might have to consider how people not limited to the few actions you can take in L4D (you can do a lot, but you can't, say, rig a patch of C4 in her path as an Alpha Team could) would deal with it. I could give more examples, but what it breaks down to it that some stuff in L4D is for game-balance (like how you can't resist the Jockey once grabbed, period) and would translate weirdly to a game where a more in-depth interaction is involved.

Anyway, one other thing; regular Infected are tough. Really really tough. Someone said lower their HP; mechanically, to facilitate the limbs blowing off GURPS-wise, that's sound, but it occurs to me, only melee weapons (game-play balance again, I suspect) kill Infected quickly. Shotgun blasts point-blank to the stomach blow literal holes in them...but in L4D2 that doesn't stop them. Nor losing arms or having intestines leak out their belly.

Maybe give them some Injury Tolerances, instead of raising HP, but I'm just putting it out there, they dun quit.
Ubiquitous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
left 4 dead, zombie, zombies