Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 07-13-2011, 02:45 AM   #61
ISNorden

Default Re: Seraphim and Profanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
More advanced (high-risk, and definitely questionable) techniques involve deliberately cultivating vices (probably under the guidance of a suitable Elohite) to enhance verisimilitude. If your Role is an addict, then cultivate the addiction.
Scary thought, in a darker and/or low-contrast game: a Superior deliberately afflicting some angel with Discord appropriate to the assumed Role. Giving him a ready-made Addiction, a physically disabled vessel, or the like doesn't seem very Divine; but Archangels who were determined to make their servitors' "cover" believable might go to huge lengths.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #62
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
Scary thought, in a darker and/or low-contrast game: a Superior deliberately afflicting some angel with Discord appropriate to the assumed Role. Giving him a ready-made Addiction, a physically disabled vessel, or the like doesn't seem very Divine; but Archangels who were determined to make their servitors' "cover" believable might go to huge lengths.
This would make a nice counterpoint to working for someone like Jean. Somewhere in the rules it notes that he's very relaxed on angels making disturbance (since his attunements, and arguably his Word, are kind of noisy to begin with). He definitely seems like the kind of Archangel who would play to stereotypes for "objectively effective" results, like making programmers Gaunt, Obese, or Truthful if it "sells" their computer nerd image...

(Which I say as a card-carrying awkward nerd myself, mind you.)
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #63
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

"It's not a Discord. It's a feature."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #64
Attercap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"It's not a Discord. It's a feature."
+1 Internets to you!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #65
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
Scary thought, in a darker and/or low-contrast game: a Superior deliberately afflicting some angel with Discord appropriate to the assumed Role. [...] a physically disabled vessel, [...]
I figure that a physically disabled vessel is something that could be granted without it being Discord. If it's Discord, it manifests in all vessels (or hosts), whether they were designed with that disability or not, plus it shows up in the celestial form in some fashion. So you could use that in a lighter game, for, say, the Role of a veteran with no legs. (My American History teacher at ACC was in a wheelchair for that reason. Good teacher, too.)

Tags
dissonance, in nomine, profanity, seraphim