Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 09-07-2018, 08:35 AM   #11
pyratejohn

Default Re: Current play?

If anyone is so inclined, I made a TFT player locator in Google Maps. Hopefully this link will work.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13I...1E&usp=sharing

Adding your name should be as easy as... In the search bar type your zip code, address, town name, etc., and that should drop a pinpoint on the map. Click the "Add to map" button. Next, click the pencil icon to edit the pinpoint. Change the point name to your name, store name, and so on, and enter you location in the text field below. Then click "Save" and you are done.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:00 PM   #12
RVA_Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius Marcellus View Post
Hey RVA_Grampa! I'm an old geezer in RVA too. I'm apparently not cool enough to be allowed to use the private messaging system and I don't see the email button they talk about in the FAQ. If you can contact me through this site do so, if not we'll figure something out.
Apparently there is a level of forum activity you must achieve before you (and I) can edit our profiles and be able to do all the cool stuff. I asked. To quote Hunter Shelburne, Community Manager ... "You cannot until you use the forums a bit, making and replying to posts."

So I have been reading a lot of posts, replying to some posts, and contemplating what topic I can come up to create my own post. Hopefully we will be able to use private messaging sometime soon.

I've added you to my contact list for now.
RVA_Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #13
Flavius Marcellus

RVA_Grandpa, I was contacted by another member in RVA with messaging privileges. I asked him to reach out to you.
Flavius Marcellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:35 PM   #14
pyratejohn

I've been running a weekly game at work during our lunch break and have introduced three new players to both Melee and Wizard. They all seem to really like it, and one of them has asked "How many people do you think could play at one time?"

This, to me, is a great sign.
:)

Today we did a two-on-two combat with a wizard and a broadsword wielding warrior versus a high DX archer (played by yours truly) and another broadsword wielding warrior. At first things looks great for my team. Their wizard summoned a wolf. I hit their warrior with two arrows for eight damage. My warrior moved to protect me, getting the attention of both the warrior and the wolf, and survived their attacks. But on our next turn I dropped my bow on my first shot. They then finished off my tank, and then me.

But we had fun, and all the new people were amazed at how fast the gamed played.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:10 PM   #15
larsdangly

After several weeks of running some pretty experienced (42-47 point) characters in my main Cidri setting, we decided to hit the reboot button so that we could start playing with the new rules set once it becomes available. We're a little impatient so we're starting this weekend, but with new 32 point characters who I suspect will be able to make the gear shift to the new rule set without too many changes. The last couple of sessions were pretty wild, as there is a lot of crazy stuff and opportunity for mayhem in the megacity/megaundercity/surrounding dungeon-land that makes up this setting. I think for our first session of the 'new era' this saturday we are going to scale things back and do a few hours of free form roleplaying with the starting motivation that these new clowns have to find jobs, which will be bound to entail setbacks and initiation tasks.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:37 PM   #16
ak_aramis

Soon as I get the PDFs, I plan to run it at my FLGS.
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #17
pyratejohn

We played our first lunchtime Melee/Wizard game today using the new rules. Two thumbs up.

Tomorrow is my telework day. I'm going to take them over to the FLGS during my lunch break and teach it to the store owner. Fingers crossed that he likes it.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:11 PM   #18
malchidael

While I'm still working to put together a formal game, I did get a game of Melee in.

The drought was bad, and the farmers of the Swarthlad Plains were hit especially hard. Foot was in short supply, and the ever-present goblin raiders have been taking their toll on the sickly livestock.

Artur DuBenn, son of Farmer Errol DuBenn, left his farmstead, taking his bow and his father's saber, and hiked to the City State, to fight in the arena, make some coin, and save the family farm.

He entered the arena, shaking and pale, for he had never killed a man before. Across the field of battle stood a Red Plains orc. The announcer shouted out his name "Turgruff the Magnificent versus Artur, the dung-booted farmer boy!"

The crowd cheered for Turgruff, and mocked Artur. The horn sounded.

And so it began

Turgruff didn't advance - he simply drew his longbow, and took aim. Artur moved forward a step, and fired a quick shot, missing the orc by a hair. Turgruff's return shot went wild, and the crowd started to jeer.

They both started to creep towards each other, exchanging arrow fire, each missing again. Then, Turgruff tossed aside his bow and charged forward, growling. Even though he was terrified of the fierce Orc, Artur fired another shot, hitting the Orc and drawing blood.

Turgruff came face to face with Artur, drawing his broadsword. Artur fired one more shot, hurting the Orc, but the Orc's armor protected him from the worst of the injury. After he fired that last shot, Artur threw down his bow.

As Artur was drawing his father's saber, the Orc swung his broadsword, and eviscerated poor Artur.

As Artur lay dying, his last thought was that at least his parents had one less mouth to feed......

Another day passes in the Arena.

Artur ST 10 DX 14 MA 10 Saber (2d6-2) Horse Bow (1d)
Turgruff ST 12 DX 12(10) MA 8 Broadsword (2d) Longbow (1d+2)
malchidael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:10 PM   #19
tomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by malchidael View Post
...Another day passes in the Arena.
Nice! That's some good Melee right there.

Freedom of Speech is not Freedom of Podium
tomc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:50 AM   #20
luguvalium

Any TFT players in Richmond Virginia looking to join a game? We have an opening on Monday night.
luguvalium is offline   Reply With Quote