Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 10-05-2018, 02:36 PM   #1
WhiskeyVictor

Default Cardboard Heroes Bundle

When can we expect to receive the Cardboard Heroes Bundle? Will it be available in our Warehouse23 account? Since they're PDFs and not physical media, I was hoping to get it soon -- if not immediately.

I also paid via card so as to receive a refund for the 5 USD "shipping and handling" charges imposed.
WhiskeyVictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:42 PM   #2
platimus

Default Re: Cardboard Heroes Bundle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyVictor View Post
When can we expect to receive the Cardboard Heroes Bundle? Will it be available in our Warehouse23 account? Since they're PDFs and not physical media, I was hoping to get it soon -- if not immediately.

I also paid via card so as to receive a refund for the 5 USD "shipping and handling" charges imposed.
I'm wondering the same thing. I paid with paypal. Stil no CH pdf in W23.
platimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:32 PM   #3
philreed
I do stuff and things.

None of the PDF rewards selected in Backerkit will be delivered until November, after we officially lock and close the project.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:44 AM   #4
WhiskeyVictor

Does anyone know if any of the CH sets contain mounted (cavalry) figures?

I would like to use CH for an upcoming wargaming event, but, without cavalry, such a plan would be problematic.
WhiskeyVictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:43 AM   #5
Skarg

I don't remember there being any.

There are flat horse counters which work with them in something from GURPS (the blank map pack?), but GURPS horses are 3-hex figures while TFT horses are 2-hex figures.

I think flat counters work well for mounts since you can very easily put a standing figure on a flat horse counter to indicate it is mounted.

So if there are no official Cardboard Hero horses (?), I would just make my own slew of 2-hex top-down horse counters, e.g. basing off of something like: https://www.google.com/search?q=top-...w=1920&bih=925
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #6
platimus

Skarg's suggestion is great and simple. I may do that or use a chess-knight (horse-head) in the horse's head-hex. I won't bother making my rider shift between the horse's two hexes. Whichever side he faces, he can attack into those 3 hexes. The only hexes adjacent to the horse that the rider cannot attack into (with non-missile weapons) are the one hex directly in front of or behind the horse.
platimus is offline   Reply With Quote