Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #81
Clipper

Default Re: Munchkin d6 rule ideas

HaPPyHeLL, Rule 3 seems unworkable. How would the combat owner be able to prove he kept track of his own die or not? How do you settle arguments when two players both assert that different dice were the combat owner's?
Old 06-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #82
HaPPyHeLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
HaPPyHeLL, Rule 3 seems unworkable. How would the combat owner be able to prove he kept track of his own die or not? How do you settle arguments when two players both assert that different dice were the combat owner's?
Lol he better keep his finger following it in view of everyone or hope everyone else keeps track of theirs to know he speaks the truth haha. And I believe this would be a majority rules situation. :D
HaPPyHeLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #83
Zugzwain

You may instead of kicking down a door attack another munchkin, you each take 3 munchkin d6's and roll them add the results to your bonus. the munchkin with the highest bonus wins the fight and may choose to make the looser lose a level or may take one card the other player has in play. Opposing munchkin must be within 2 levels of your level.
Zugzwain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:41 AM   #84
UncleBob

Here's a wacky idea - but I'm not 100% sure how to make it work best.

At some time when you're supposed to roll a singular die, instead, roll two dice and pick one with the more favorable outcome.

Since this is essentially doubles your odds of getting the outcome you want, it's pretty powerful (although no where near as powerful as a Loaded Die card) - so the use needs to be limited somehow. Either via a one-time use card, or where every player starts out with x-amount of extra dice and they give one up each time they use this, maybe a class/race/etc. where they have to discard a card or two whenever they want to do it... Or, heck, just use the Pathfinder/Goblin die - and anytime the Goblin head comes up, then whatever the bad outcome is happens instead. Make it risky. :D
UncleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:36 AM   #85
NeosMagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
Here's a wacky idea - but I'm not 100% sure how to make it work best.

At some time when you're supposed to roll a singular die, instead, roll two dice and pick one with the more favorable outcome.

Since this is essentially doubles your odds of getting the outcome you want, it's pretty powerful (although no where near as powerful as a Loaded Die card) - so the use needs to be limited somehow. Either via a one-time use card, or where every player starts out with x-amount of extra dice and they give one up each time they use this, maybe a class/race/etc. where they have to discard a card or two whenever they want to do it... Or, heck, just use the Pathfinder/Goblin die - and anytime the Goblin head comes up, then whatever the bad outcome is happens instead. Make it risky. :D
How about roll two dice and flip a Munchkin silver coin. If it lands heads, you take the more favourable, and tails you take the least favourable.
NeosMagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:26 PM   #86
Atlus

I have several ideas that could be done if it's in unison with other products that are in Munchkin.

If they own a bag of holding for the dice or use a die holding bag equivalent:
Everyone picks a color at the beginning of the game, if they draw one of the other persons color then they roll it and then the other player rolls the same die and call high or low, winner gets to choose which die roll is used for that card.

If they don't own a bag of holding for the dice or don't like that or have the colorless dice:
Each person receives one die from this (give out more if necessary), they may do this as many times as it is allowable for them. They may roll the die and on a munchkin head they recieve a bonus high enough to equal the monster +1, if they roll anything but the munchkin head on it they must leave it on that number and every time they take a turn they can move it up to 6, once it goes from 6 to 1 again then the may use it again, so that means that a 2 would make them wait 5 turns, 3 would make 4 turns, and so on. This way you are able to save the risk for a serous fight or constantly use it and play the risks of not having it when it's needed.

Both of these make a competitive and group oriented ruling with dice that allow players to have a fair chance to win/lose all on the roll of the dice.
Bites 1 & 2
Zombies 1-3
Cthulu 1-4
Impossible
Legends
Pathfinder
Conan
Apocalypse
Space 1 &2
The Good/The Bad 1 & 2
Atlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:16 PM   #87
ImDocB

My Munchkin group always modifies the 'Run Away' rule if we have less experienced players. One of our variations is as follows

When Running Away, roll the number of dice equal to the level you are on, up to maximum of 6 die. Level 1 requires 4 pips or better to successfully run away (50-50 chance, pretty fair for newbies). Each consecutive level requires 1 more point (L2=minimum 5 pips; L3=minimum 6 pips; etc) to successfully Run Away.
ImDocB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #88
Kythan

Maybe something like "Once per game, during any combat, you can roll a dice. The outcome of the die roll can not be altered in any way. (No loaded or reloaded die, or any other cards that may alter it) Give a combat bonus to either side equal to the die roll."
It'd be pretty interesting because it would vary each time it's used and can help or go against a munchkin.
Also, if someone else has already posted this or something similar, please excuse me for this.
Kythan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #89
felwred

A different direction for the rule:

Killer Dice
"My dice are out to kill me!"

Once per game you can look for trouble and insert "Killer Dice" as the creature you face, roll all six D6's - the resulting number is the combat strength of the monster you now face. The creature is worth one level for combat strength of 16 or less or two levels for more than 17. You gain one treasure for every 6 points of the combat strength rolled. Cards or items that adjust die rolls apply to the die rolls for the creature as well.

Bad stuff: Roll a D6 - 1-5 lose that many levels, on a 6 - your dice really are trying to kill you - you die.

Special rule: If the Killer Dice kill the Munchkin, those dice cannot be used again in the game for any purpose as they are too busy mocking and celebrating your death. You lose a level if you intentionally touch them before the conclusion of the game.
felwred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:49 AM   #90
Ohokwy

You start with all six d6's. During any combat, you may use any number of these d6's as one shot items to influence the combat either way an amount shown by the result of the die. However, if you get the Munchkin result, the OTHER side of the combat gets a +6 bonus. Any card that usually influences dice results can be used with these, but NOT if you get the munchkin result. Nor can a card be used to change a result to a munchkin that wasn't a munchkin in the first place. If you use three or more of the dice in one combat, and they all roll munchkins, everyone at the table dies AND is reduced to the level of the lowest level person in play. Everyone is dead so they can't loot each other's bodies. The cards are put in the discards. Lastly, once a dice has been used, you count around the table (starting with the player to your left) a number of times equal to what the die rolled (if you go all the way round the table, start again. Also, skip yourself) and the person you end on gets the die. Unless the die rolled a munchkin, in which case put it in the box and forget about it. Someone may play "Annihilation" on a d6 to put it in the box early. At any time when all six d6's are in the box, the box immediately explodes and dice and munchkins go everywhere traveling at high speeds and destroying everything in their path. The end. The game ends and the winner is resolved as though the seventh seal in Munchkin Apocalypse had been opened.

I'm not really sure if this would actually work, but I sure wanna try it now. I think I got a bit carried away towards the end there . . .
Ohokwy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
munchkin dice, suggestions