Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-21-2014, 05:55 AM   #21
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Reactions to the January 17 Hangout

The Triple Play sets collect three boosters in a single over-sleeve that's designed to be hung on a peg hook. It's a way to get these boosters into some stores who haven't carried them. They literally contain the three booster packs inside, and there aren't any extras; they aren't like Holiday Surprise or Game Changers.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:33 AM   #22
darthjpp

Thank you Andrew for answering my questions, especially about the monster booster. Now I'm knee deep in Goblins :-)
As for my other question, I'll have to pester a Swedish publisher, or maybe add game publishing to my own business :-)
darthjpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:34 PM   #23
UncleBob

Follow-up question... tell me everything about Munchkin: Adventure Time.

Oh, wait... that wasn't a question. :D

Seriously - Mars Attacks! - It's a 15 card booster, and it mentions "new seals"... are you at liberty to divulge what the breakdown between doors-treasures-seals is?
UncleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #24
TheBigGeordieGeek

Hi Andrew, thanks for answering some of my questions, just to clarify a point on my question about Kickstarter, my FLGS has held Ogre up as a great example of how to use Kickstarter, with its huge built in retailer support, though it took a lot of convincing him to see that.

But funnily enough it was Zombiecide that got him anti-KS, he was taken along by its hype and got plenty in stock, but only sold one, the rest have gathered dust in his store taking up space and have ended up being heavily discounted to shift them, and they are still there, unsold. Seems that here everyone who was interested, already bought it, but when they went back to KS for an expansion he flipped and swore off all KS projects from then on, unless they had good support for retailers built in.

But I agree with the argument you made, that its still settling down and we will have to wait and see what its long term impact on the industry is. Thankfully we have great companies like SJG who recognise that the FLGS is the lifeblood of our hobby and how it will grow.