Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2022, 05:26 PM   #13
DarbyMcD

Default Re: Wanted: New Adventures

I would jump in with a recommendation for Zeitgeist by En Publishing. They have a versions for DnD 5 and 4 as well as PF1. I am trying to convert the first section to GURPS for my next campaign.

It is sort of steam punk fantasy (I think that is what you call it). Basically what happens in the Industrial Revolution of a Fantasy world. It is designed as a mega campaign 1-20th level, but they do offer lots of ways of chopping and mixing sections for shorter runs at various power levels. I am planning on a GURPS equivalent of 2-10 or so, using just the first of 3 parts.

he adventures are well mixed, running from investigation, dungeon delve, fortress assault, planar travel. They are a bit bare bones at times, and it is primarily set in one city that has very little fluff given. So good and bad that. It is not sooo easy to drop into other settings without a fair amount of work because there are lots of historical and philosophical aspects to the plot, but you can pull lots of that out for the early third.

One reason I really would like to run it with GURPS though is to really show the difference between tech solutions (mostly guns) and magical ones. In PF and 5e the real difference is just cosmetic. A crossbow and a firearm both attack once per round and do similar damage. Gurps lets me get more of the tradeoff feeling. But I will say the 4e version has some really fun encounter design. Lots of cool abilities and such.
DarbyMcD is offline   Reply With Quote