Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:00 PM   #71
TheBigGeordieGeek

Default Re: Strategic & Tactical Objectives Counter Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elberon View Post
Hi there,

Thanks for popping by ;-)

if you check out the sponsored page the description is:
It consists of four counter sheets with three different factions in the world of Ogre, plus a booklet with the corresponding rules and scenarios.
That's correct, obviously the booklet is still as if Drews last update in development, and how that is being provided to purchasers from Tiffin has yet to be finalised, but that's what it says on the page.

Also the response and PM have me feeling really good again, Tiffin have shown a level of communication and response to customer concerns that is brilliant, I hope that you lot sponsor a car wars add on (if that's an option), and this is how I wish another sheet sponsor was.

Last edited by TheBigGeordieGeek; 05-14-2014 at 05:09 PM.
TheBigGeordieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:22 PM   #72
Knockman

Thanks Elberon, we are on to this now, and I've mailed out to my colleagues about this and included in Wayland Games. We'll urgently review the current arrangements.

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #73
mtngrown

Counter sheets arrived today, look really good, thanks!
mtngrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:16 AM   #74
Qthulhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGeordieGeek View Post
...Must admit I am actually a bit annoyed now and feel that the swap has actually resulted in a worse deal for us over this side if the pond. Actually contemplating returning my sheets for a refund now, I am actually that annoyed about it!
"Unfortunately" I've already opened and punched both of my bundle packages. Now don't get me wrong, I love the units and I'm looking forward to the PDFs but I was also working under the assumption that the bundle was going to consist of "STO + full Barbarians set", and I bought two bundles to

Quote:
...put these forces on essentially equal footing with the Paneuropean and Combine forces included in Ogre: Designer Edition.
I feel bad for those of us the UK but feel worse for the guys in the States...
Old 05-15-2014, 03:16 AM   #75
TheBigGeordieGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qthulhu View Post
"Unfortunately" I've already opened and punched both of my bundle packages. Now don't get me wrong, I love the units and I'm looking forward to the PDFs but I was also working under the assumption that the bundle was going to consist of "STO + full Barbarians set", and I bought two bundles to

I feel bad for those of us the UK but feel worse for the guys in the States...
Tiffin are looking into exactly what is going on so I would expect an answer from them soon, my initial annoyance has now been replaced with a smile as they have been really cool about the whole thing.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:04 AM   #76
Qthulhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGeordieGeek View Post
Tiffin are looking into exactly what is going on so I would expect an answer from them soon, my initial annoyance has now been replaced with a smile as they have been really cool about the whole thing.
Fingers crossed for smiles all round, then?
Old 05-15-2014, 04:58 AM   #77
TheBigGeordieGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qthulhu View Post
Fingers crossed for smiles all round, then?
Yeah, I mean they might not be able to do anything at all, but the fact that they are looking into it is pretty awesome, I mean they have to make sure the figures add up for them, based on what they gave Drew and what he has given them.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:44 PM   #78
gar0u

Just got my counter sheet bundle from the UK today and I'm quite pleased with them. Is the only issue that there should be two B3 and two B4 sheets with the scenario book if you buy the bundle in the US from Drew (or whomever will eventually be selling them?)

Honestly, the fact that I pre-ordered them and they were delivered is a a huge improvement over a particular sponsor, so no complaints here! The completist in me just wants to make sure I get "some of everything".
gar0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:02 AM   #79
TheBigGeordieGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by gar0u View Post
Just got my counter sheet bundle from the UK today and I'm quite pleased with them. Is the only issue that there should be two B3 and two B4 sheets with the scenario book if you buy the bundle in the US from Drew (or whomever will eventually be selling them?)

Honestly, the fact that I pre-ordered them and they were delivered is a a huge improvement over a particular sponsor, so no complaints here! The completist in me just wants to make sure I get "some of everything".
Tiffin are looking into the issue about how many sheets should have been provided, I would expect an answer in the ext few days. So hang fire on a complaint, unlike me, who got angry first! But seriously the guys from Tiffin are just as upset about this as we are.

And yes it's nice for things to be delivered after handing money over for them.

Last edited by TheBigGeordieGeek; 05-16-2014 at 03:07 AM.
TheBigGeordieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:53 AM   #80
Knockman

Right, it’s a bright Friday morning and I’ve grabbed a rare moment of downtime in the office from the day-job to provide every reader – and just as importantly every customer of ours – a proper update on the situation with the ‘BatG’ Sheets (Barbarian at the Gates). We now have a better idea on causes & circumstances with what happened in trying to provide a joint-sponsor bundle deal.

While all the sponsor sheets were in Texas, we had our respective consignments split and swapped by the guys there, so that there was a trade of 400 units of S&TO Counter Sheet with the same number of BatG packs. But – those 400 packs we got were the ‘twin-sheet’ packs some of you have been receiving as your orders. We did the stock-take matching-ups to make the 400 bundles, as mutually agreed, but it’s only now by retracing our steps and double-checking everything, we now have a better appreciation of what’s happened. And clarification that Drew’s offer was for four sheets and not two, and that the ‘twin-sheet’ pack was essentially only half the Purchase Unit.

The warehouse guys in Texas saw we needed 400 units and picked out ‘400’ according to the carton information. We got those and did the matching-up. Error compounded error essentially. So, where does that leave all of us?

Well, Tiffin Games here in the UK are short of 400 ‘twin-sheet’ packs, basically.

It means we only took delivery of 200 of Drew’s sets, not the planned 400.

And it means that all current customers who’ve ordered and received their Bundle with BatG sheets are legitimately owed an additional ‘twin-sheet’ pack for each one they have received. The sets should have been 4 sheets, not the 2 sheets sent out.

I’ve asked our distributors, Wayland Games, to sort out the list of customers this affects and every one who ordered the proper BatG set will get an additional ‘twin-sheet’ pack mailed out to them. And I’ve told Wayland Games that I will cover the costs of that shipping too. We’ve had some notable appreciation and support from the Ogre fan community throughout the past two years – indeed, it’s from that fan support that the S&TO Counter Sheet exists in the form that we have today. Tiffin Games has always appreciated that support, the patience and the loyalty of our customers. So I’m not about to abuse or burn all that on a daft mistake. Those that had the good faith to order the Bundle Deals will have that order completed properly. Please be patient while we rectify that shortfall.

Sadly, there is a post-script however. It means that the Bundle Deal is almost exhausted because in reality we only had 200 BatG Sets and not the 400 that was agreed. It’s likely therefore that with the need to redress the shortfall, the Bundle Deal will soon be sold out.

Our own S&TO Counter Sheet will remain on sale however, and it is rather good, if you’ll allow me a brief moment of immodest honesty. But unless we can somehow source more of the BatG sheets, the Bundle Deal to the fans is over. And lastly on this, thank you to all for the patience shown while we investigated what had happened, and our sincere appreciation to all those who ordered with us.

More information on our Support Material for the S&TO Counter Sheet will be out soon too, with some sneak peek extracts to whet the appetite.

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote