Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-20-2018, 09:58 PM   #1
RyanW

Default New campaign. Campaign log?

I'm soon to be starting a steampunk campaign based around the colonization of Mars. Would anyone here be interested in following a campaign log? Anyone know of any really high quality campaign logs for inspiration or good platforms for making and sharing one?
Old 03-20-2018, 10:41 PM   #2
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: New campaign. Campaign log?

I make notes for every session I run or play in. The log for one world with shared/overlapping campaigns (three GMs so far) currently runs to well over single-spaced 200 pages. It may well become a book some day, but I don't know that reading the log would interest anyone other than our group.
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:49 PM   #3
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
I'm soon to be starting a steampunk campaign based around the colonization of Mars. Would anyone here be interested in following a campaign log? Anyone know of any really high quality campaign logs for inspiration or good platforms for making and sharing one?
The latter, no. I don't keep logs now, but I have a number of old ones that I'm willing to share. PM me with an e-mail address where you'd like to receive them, and suggest what genres you like best, and whether you specifically want GURPS or will take any system, and I'll send you a couple of my better ones.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:11 PM   #4
Phantasm

One of my usual player group likes Obsidian Portal, which I'm using to set up the planning for my Marvel Reboot Shadowguard game, with plans to put session synopses up.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:15 PM   #5
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
One of my usual player group likes Obsidian Portal, which I'm using to set up the planning for my Marvel Reboot Shadowguard game, with plans to put session synopses up.
Oh, yeah, the Call of Cthulhu campaign I play in uses OP. It seems pretty decent.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:48 AM   #6
mlangsdorf

Quote:
I used to write up after action reports for each campaign session on my blog.

I continue to write a summary of each session on the campaign wiki (http://newdawn.wikia.com/wiki/ND/Timeline_of_Events).

I really recommend wikia.com as a wiki hosting site: they're free, easy to use, generous with resources, and use MediaWiki for their wiki software. MediaWiki markup is one of the more widely used wiki markups and is fairly straightforward to learn if you ever need to edit the raw source, and knowing MediaWiki markup is a mildly useful skill.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:54 AM   #7
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Would anyone here be interested in following a campaign log?
Potentially. The readability of the writing tends to be the thing that keeps me interested, or turns me off.
Quote:
Anyone know of any really high quality campaign logs for inspiration?
Icelander's Jade Serenity log and tshiggins' Facets log do very well with just the forums presentation. RogerBW has logs for all his campaigns, which are very readable.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote