Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 03-19-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
Classic Uncle Sam

Default Talk of TFT

Mike Mearls of Wizards of the Coast has already Tweeted about The Fantasy Trip:
Quote:
"Really glad to see The Fantasy Trip coming back into print. It’s a key step in the development of RPGs, and it’s a pity it spent so much time out of the public eye."
This led Matt "The King of Kickstarter" Colville to say his friend Jim Murphy should do a Youtube video about TFT. Jim, replying on Twitter, is definitely up for it and actually wants to talk to Steve Jackson about the whole thing.

This is a fantastic start, as far as getting the word out goes.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
JLV

Default Re: Talk of TFT

Now THAT would be awesome!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:24 PM   #3
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Twist my arm :) I'm happy to talk about TFT. Even if some of my thoughts are sometimes heretical . . .
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:58 AM   #4
CardDiceian

Getting it talked about on whatever social media platforms we can, and using whatever hashtag words that pull it all together will help to take TFT to a wider gaming audience. I think also following each other,and helping to boost each others posts about #TFT #TheFantasyTrip #Melee #Wizard etc will also help to drive it, and the upcoming kickstarter to a wider and possibly younger gaming audience.

I think I am following a few TFT fans on Twitter - specifically Marc Tabyanan and of course SJGames.
CardDiceian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:05 PM   #5
Classic Uncle Sam

Jim Murphy, the self-named Game Methuselah, has made his video about TFT.

Definitely a short video. I thought it would have been longer. The intro has a nice bit of finesse to it. He makes some unflattering remarks towards GURPS, but I've heard worse. Again, its a great start for getting the word out.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:07 PM   #6
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Twist my arm :) I'm happy to talk about TFT. Even if some of my thoughts are sometimes heretical . . .
Some of us are all about various sorts of Heresy.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:47 PM   #7
Dr.Bedlam

Pleasing news.

Now I'm not sure exactly what I'd want. The original little booklet with cardboard inserts, or an updated upgraded polished product suited to the 21st century?

At any rate, I'm in.
Dr.Bedlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:38 PM   #8
GlennDoren

Why not take this opportunity to make it better? If all you want is the original, we already have it. Let's come out with an updated/revised version that makes it a true v2. And make it high quality, production-wise. I'm hoping "miniboxed" doesn't just mean metagaming-style stapled mini B/W rulebooks and budget materials :-|
GlennDoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:55 AM   #9
Dave Crowell

In point of reality many of us don't "already have it" when it comes to the originals and no one else can "get it". They have been out of print for decades.

The current Car Wars mini game in a box slightly larger than the original would I think be a great format to get TFT back on game store shelves. It is a small, relatively inexpensive game. That is what Melee and Wizard should be. Nothing wrong with stabled, black and white rule booklets. The Melee and Wizard rules are really too short for any other presentation to make sense.

I would like to see full colour painted counters instead of the original single colour ones though.
Dave Crowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:41 AM   #10
Rick_Smith

Default Quality of components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Crowell View Post
In point of reality many of us don't "already have it" when it comes to the originals ...

The current Car Wars mini game in a box slightly larger than the original would I think be a great format to get TFT back on game store shelves. It is a small, relatively inexpensive game. That is what Melee and Wizard should be. Nothing wrong with stabled, black and white rule booklets. The Melee and Wizard rules are really too short for any other presentation to make sense.

I would like to see full colour painted counters instead of the original single colour ones though.
Hi Everyone, Dave.
I don't mind color in my rule books. Example text can be in dark green. Art can be colored. You want to bring attention to adjusted DX, so it is circled in red, in an example.

You are right tho, full colored flat counters would be cool. Speaking of the Car Wars box, the style of counters in Car Wars would be nice for TFT. I do hope their is a bunch of terrain counters in the package.

Warm regards, Rick.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote