Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Card Games

Old 03-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
Chez geek freak

Default Chez Cthulhu madness

So my friends and I were playing tonight for the first time and had some debate about madness. Do you REALLY want it? After becoming stark raving mad, and you start GAINING slack, doesnt that mean that you have one more slack to get rid of? Or do you take one from the pile already infront of you and put it on a card so that the slack you have left to get rid of is lessened? Over all, is it a good or bad thing once you reach nine and come across a card that gives you more madness?
Chez geek freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #2
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Chez Cthulhu madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez geek freak View Post
So my friends and I were playing tonight for the first time and had some debate about madness. Do you REALLY want it? After becoming stark raving mad, and you start GAINING slack, doesnt that mean that you have one more slack to get rid of? Or do you take one from the pile already infront of you and put it on a card so that the slack you have left to get rid of is lessened? Over all, is it a good or bad thing once you reach nine and come across a card that gives you more madness?
What do you mean by "slack to get rid of" you only suffer from the madness penalty when your madness is less than nine.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
PK

Default Re: Chez Cthulhu madness

Yeah, Madness is only a drawback when you're "kinda mad". Once you go full-on bonkers, Madness is a great way to earn Slack.

Because of this, you need to decide early on in the game if you're going to try to collect or avoid Madness! Being wishy-washy about it just means that you're going to end up with some Madness, which is the worst situation to be in.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chez cthulhu, chez geek