Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 09-20-2017, 03:44 PM   #11
Steven Marsh

Default Re: Printing cardboard heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB.6361 View Post
Instead of submitting Errata or in addition to?
Bona fide errata should definitely go to errata@sjgames.com. Problems like "This PDF was working before but now it's corrupt" or "This file used to have bookmarks but now it doesn't" can go to me. (I mean, Errata works fine for those as well, but they'll just be forwarded back to me to fix the files, soooo . . .)
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:32 PM   #12
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
I've uploaded a new version of the ZIP package with revised files for the maps and Cardboard Heroes figures. I don't think these will make a difference for most users, but hopefully the bump in quality will help with some of the more-ambitious applications (while still keeping the file sizes manageable for the majority of devices and PDF readers out there).

As ever, if you discover any problems, please let me know!
Big thanks for the update to the PDfs - that was great. SJGames customer service, second to none!
Old 09-21-2017, 06:29 AM   #13
philosophyguy

I sent in a typo errata about a week after the PDFs were released, and I notice it's still not corrected in the new version. In Exploits, the PDF table of contents has an extra space in Introduction; what is actually there is "Introduct ion"
philosophyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:58 AM   #14
Steven Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophyguy View Post
I sent in a typo errata about a week after the PDFs were released, and I notice it's still not corrected in the new version. In Exploits, the PDF table of contents has an extra space in Introduction; what is actually there is "Introduct ion"
I know there are a few items of errata on the books that we need to implement — including the above — but I've been trying to wait until we have enough to be "worthwhile" (if that makes sense) . . . or — barring that — until enough time had passed that I can be reasonably confident we're not going to get anything more significant.

In the case of the maps and Cardboard Heroes, I went ahead and pushed those updates because they were fairly straightforward (just tweaking PDF-creation settings), and because they wouldn't affect the other PDFs.

So, yes, I'm planning on having an update to the rulebook PDFs in the not-too-distant future (definitely before the end of the year). But I wanted to wait until the physical boxed sets started showing up in folks' hands (to see if anything else turns up), rather than taking the time to fix a few minor typos, have a jillion people download a 100-meg update, spend the time to fix a few more minor issues, have folks redownload again, etc.

(I hope that makes sense!)
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #15
MiB1213

Are there any plans to re print the full line of Cardboard heroes just like the ones in DFRPG?
Old 09-23-2017, 09:09 AM   #16
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiB1213 View Post
Are there any plans to re print the full line of Cardboard heroes just like the ones in DFRPG?
No plans. Is this something you would support if we took the idea of a Cardboard Heroes box to Kickstarter?
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:20 AM   #17
MiB1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
No plans. Is this something you would support if we took the idea of a Cardboard Heroes box to Kickstarter?
Actually, yes I would absolutely support it. (If they were done the way you did in the DFRPG) I think the product is excellent and should be out there for gamers to use.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #18
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

(Depends on the precise contents and price, of course, but this is something I'd be likely to back.)

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:42 AM   #19
Refplace

I like the cardboad stpock in these and also would support such a kickstarter. Be nice if it had a multi hex option as well. Imagine some figures for really large monsters without the weight and bulk of lead figures.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:07 AM   #20
adm

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiB1213 View Post
Actually, yes I would absolutely support it. (If they were done the way you did in the DFRPG) I think the product is excellent and should be out there for gamers to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

(Depends on the precise contents and price, of course, but this is something I'd be likely to back.)
Above included for agreement. Adding more stuff from the DF Monsters line would be a big plus.

Tags
cardboard heroes, dungeon fantasy, print on demand