Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-15-2008, 07:56 AM   #11
jacobmuller

Default Re: Quick armor question

Yes, except she should really be wearing some kind of padding under that coif; a leather cap/hood. I've seen padding for Pots that were an exact match to the shape of the Pot = lot of padding at the angles.
We'd need a SCA comment on the practical side. I mean, do you wear a hood/cap, chain and pot or hood/cap, chain, hood/cap and pot? Or perhaps the pot has it's cap built in?
jacobmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:41 AM   #12
benz72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective_Restraint
Oh, I thought the the Mail Coif was indeed detachable ? Something like this.
THat's not the detatch I was talking about, though it does provide a nice example to which we can both refer. the 'hood' is directly linked to the 'collar' so if you wanted to wear the collar without the hood being underneath the helm all that extra chain would be hanging down the back of your neck (and probably quite uncomfortably). Depending on how it lay it might interfere with the fit of the helmet (jam at the rim in the back). That is what I was trying to point out. for a picture of a helm / collar combination without this problem see here aventail
Old 11-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #13
Gavynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobmuller
Yes, except she should really be wearing some kind of padding under that coif; a leather cap/hood.
And the fact it is so loose you would not be able to wear it in combat. Look at its chin! Of course you can's custom making something like that and sell it cheap on the internet.
Gavynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armor