Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 03-22-2019, 11:45 AM   #31
GEVJockey

Default Re: Thank you, everyone!

I received my melee and wizard boxes today. I do indeed feel like I've stumbled through a wormhole. I'm suddenly 40 years younger. Thank you for bringing this back!
GEVJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:53 AM   #32
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEVJockey View Post
I received my melee and wizard boxes today. I do indeed feel like I've stumbled through a wormhole. I'm suddenly 40 years younger. Thank you for bringing this back!
Thank you for helping us make it happen! Enjoy the two games.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:49 PM   #33
larsdangly

Just got my IWIA shipping container (in So Cal, if people are keeping track of where it has reached). Un flipping believable... It is kind of overwhelming. The game is obviously awesome, but I've known that for months because we've been playing weekly using the pdfs since the fall. But the material components are just fantastic. The big hex scale is a revelation. The roll out melee and wizard maps are striking, inviting, fun. The collection of MH tiles are so much more interesting than I expected because of the terrain features on the back sides. And, while I know it was suggested that normal 1 hex figures would be the same old scale, I'm pretty sure they are substantially bigger. The dragon is obviously an amazingly cool big dragon. Unfortunately I am an adult and it is a work day so I have to leave it all alone for a few hours, but I'm going to get my brother/fellow TFT gamer on Skype later this evening so we can go through it all together.

Everyone who's hands touched this thing is a hero!

(p.s., my add ons and the companion didn't make the trip, but Phil's already made it clear these should be in a separate package taking the local whistle stop)
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:17 PM   #34
madhopper50

Just got my Legacy Edition + add-ons (Norfolk, VA), no Companion. Don't be like me, in the haste to unpack everything I almost left a few "hanging chads", (1) Melee figure, (1) sword and (1) one hex mega hex on the tree. But I double checked before trashing them and saved them all. Thanks to the SJG crew for a most enjoyable Kickstarter experience. Looking forward to the remaining ones.
madhopper50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:32 PM   #35
mstlaurent

I wanted it all. I got it all. :-)

Great thanks to everyone at SJGames for making this possible. Going to start teaching my wife and kids Melee and Wizard this weekend!
mstlaurent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:04 PM   #36
BrianEye

Got my I Want It All delivery earlier today; I'm still stunned by the quality, the amount of stuff, etc. Absolutely great work from SJG! :)

Looking forward to reading it over the weekend, and maybe getting my neighbor to play an arena combat or three ... ;)
BrianEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:50 PM   #37
JLV

Got a phone call from FEDEX this afternoon, clarifying my shipping address so they can deliver it tomorrow (Saturday). If I had received the message from their 8AM phone call before I got the second phone call, I might have even had it today! (I might still not see it tomorrow either; around here it's always a guess as to whether or not FEDEX can find your place, and more than one try is frequently needed.)

Here's the real weirdness, though:

I received two notifications, not half an hour ago, from Steve Jackson Games about my packages having shipped. I opened them up and followed the links and found out that both packages were due to be delivered on Monday, and that one had shipped last Monday and the other on Tuesday (why the notification only happened a week after departure, I have no idea). Even more oddly, it appears that the first package (presumably the IWIA one?) went through some sort of slalom course that took it through half the states west of the Mississippi, while the other one took a much more direct route to northern California, so I might actually wind up with the "extras" before I ever see the IWIA! Ahh, the vagaries of the shipping process... ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:51 PM   #38
ColBosch

Yeah, I got my shipping notice a few hours ago. Since it says "delivered," causality has been preserved.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:25 AM   #39
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
Yeah, I got my shipping notice a few hours ago. Since it says "delivered," causality has been preserved.
Thank God for that! ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:04 AM   #40
FireHorse

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose package violated the Time-Space Continuum. Or was it the e-mail message? Well, either way, at least it wasn't just me.
FireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote