Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 10-01-2018, 10:29 PM   #1
oldercloud

Default GM's Screen

Hello,

I am very pleased with the new iteration of TFT. With that said, I'd like to see the GM's screen receive a little bit of love.

The screen seems almost 100% devoted to melee rules. While combat is a HUGE part of the game, it would be helpful if you pared some of the combat information down and replaced it equipment prices, a random table of NPCs / wandering monsters, the jobs list, magic items, etc..
oldercloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:47 AM   #2
Terquem

Default Re: GM's Screen

A while ago I bought one of those 4 pocket screens from Amazon, the kind you can put your own pages into. With the PDF of the screen available to me through the kickstarter I can customize my own

But, I sort of agree with you.
Terquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:56 PM   #3
JLV

Here's another plug for those insertable GM screens. I picked up one as part of my pledge to Caverns of Archaia, and I've never looked back -- they are wonderfully adaptable and customizable, and my personal needs and wants as a GM are almost certainly different from any other GM's (I remember certain things, and have a mental block on others, so having those "mental block" items available to me is a huge benefit, but I'll bet what I block is completely different from what anyone else blocks!) In short, I think that's the way to go.

And frankly, I think more RPG companies ought to go that route, and provide many pages for their "GM screen files" which the user can then pick and choose for his/her own GM screen. Plus, it's a lot cheaper and easier for the game company than producing a new GM screen in hard copy for every game.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:48 AM   #4
platimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldercloud View Post
Hello,

I am very pleased with the new iteration of TFT. With that said, I'd like to see the GM's screen receive a little bit of love.

The screen seems almost 100% devoted to melee rules. While combat is a HUGE part of the game, it would be helpful if you pared some of the combat information down and replaced it equipment prices, a random table of NPCs / wandering monsters, the jobs list, magic items, etc..
I would 'third' this if it's not too late. IIRC, the combat options were listed twice.
platimus is offline   Reply With Quote