Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-14-2019, 11:00 AM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Godlike Abilities [Powers]

My favorite Godlike power is the ability to just "poof!" anything into existence.

Snatcher (Permenant+300%, Creation +100%, Large Items +50%, More Weight (2000 tons)+ 180%, reduced time 1 second +80%, Reduced Fatigue Cost 2 +40%) [680]

This ability lets the character conjure most things in one second, and do so repeatedly. Fortifications and battleships are out of range. I may want to make a version calibrated for large ships and castles, and I'm not sure how to build the ability to summon many things at once, as long as they are conceptually similar.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:51 AM   #12
AlexanderHowl

You can do entire universes with Snatcher. You just need around 4,000 CP or so. Since you can hypothetically create a universe's worth of antimatter with such an ability, I generally think that an ultimate power with a cost in excess of 4,000 CP is rather too expensive. If the ability would exceed the expense of creating an entire universe, I would suggest using Ultrapower instead.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:08 PM   #13
awesomenessofme1

Here's something that any universal entity needs in order to actually get anything done.

Godlike Warp: Warp (Blind, +50%, Blink, +25%, Cosmic (No die roll required), +100%, Extra Carrying Capacity (Up to Extra-Heavy encumbrance), +50%, Reliable 10, +50%) [375] + Energy Reserve 50 [150] + Regeneration (Extreme, ER only) [150]

Here's the math behind it:

3 (necessary number for Cosmic to work) = 10 (average IQ) + 10 (Reliable) - 10 (instant use) - 5 (Blind) - 27 (penalty for warping a distance equal to the diameter of the universe) + 50 (ER) * 0.5 (Blind makes it twice as expensive to use FP)

I'm honestly surprised the math for the ER worked out to a round number, but it's nice. It comes out to 675 points and allows you to instantly teleport to anywhere in the universe. As a side effect, you also have 50 FP/second to spend on other stuff.

Last edited by awesomenessofme1; 10-14-2019 at 12:42 PM.
awesomenessofme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:25 PM   #14
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenessofme1 View Post
Here's something that any universal entity needs in order to actually get anything done.

Godlike Warp: Warp (Blind, +50%, Blink, +25%, Cosmic (No die roll required), +100%, Extra Carrying Capacity (Up to Extra-Heavy encumbrance), +50%, No Strain, +25%, Reliable 10, +50%) [400] + Energy Reserve 50 [150] + Regeneration (Extreme, ER only) [150]

Here's the math behind it:

3 (necessary number for Cosmic to work) = 10 (average IQ) + 10 (Reliable) - 10 (instant use) - 5 (Blind) - 27 (penalty for warping a distance equal to the diameter of the universe) + 50 (ER) * 0.5 (Blind makes it twice as expensive to use FP)

I'm honestly surprised the math for the ER worked out to a round number, but it's nice. It comes out to an even 700 points and allows you to instantly teleport to anywhere in the universe. As a side effect, you also have 50 FP/second to spend on other stuff.
why take "no strain" if you have "no dice roll required"?
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:41 PM   #15
awesomenessofme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDaysDead View Post
why take "no strain" if you have "no dice roll required"?
I was working off of memory and I thought there were some possible penalties for repeated use even without failures. But no, you're right. That removes the round number, unfortunately.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:43 PM   #16
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
I'm honestly surprised the math for the ER worked out to a round number, but it's nice. It comes out to 675 points and allows you to instantly teleport to anywhere in the universe. As a side effect, you also have 50 FP/second to spend on other stuff.
How do you get 50 FP/second? Regeneration: Extreme gives 10 ER/second?
Old 10-14-2019, 12:46 PM   #17
awesomenessofme1

Quote:
How do you get 50 FP/second? Regeneration: Extreme gives 10 ER/second?
Is there anywhere in the book that specifically addresses Regeneration scaling or not scaling for FP/ER? I know that it scales for HP (see B424).
Old 10-14-2019, 01:15 PM   #18
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Is there anywhere in the book that specifically addresses Regeneration scaling or not scaling for FP/ER? I know that it scales for HP (see B424).
No, But its not the first time I've seen stiff resistance to scaling ER regeneration with ER.

Technically, the rate you recover FP is "The same rate as which you recover HP", so If you're rule-lawyering it, you regenerate FP faster if you have more HP... not that I'd allow that in my games.

I think either scaling regeneration or not with total ER is within the scope of the rules.

The FP regeneration and ER pool are probably useful for any character going for multiples of these powers.

Quote:
- 27 (penalty for warping a distance equal to the diameter of the universe)
The diameter of the universe is merely how far we can see. There is nothing special about its "edges" other than our position in time and space relative to them. If you FTL (and warp counts), you may want more than that.

Its probably better to figure out a way to apply the long-range enhancement from Power Ups 4 to warp. Warp has a custom set of range modifiers, but they're strictly better than the standard range penalties, so Two levels (+100% total) should give you unlimited range.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 10-14-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:28 PM   #19
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
I remember there being a Krommquote on the forums on the subject but I can't find it now.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:35 PM   #20
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I remember there being a Krommquote on the forums on the subject but I can't find it now.
Oh, Its a Kromm Quote? that makes it easier to find:

Here it is.

Tags
damage reduction, hardened, powers