Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-12-2015, 01:26 PM   #1
Mr_Sandman

Default Minor healing power

I'm helping a friend make a character with psychometabolism (from Psionic Powers) for a psi-ops campaign. The idea is that the character has the power to control and alter his skin to do fantastic things. The specific power I'm trying to model is that he can grow his skin to close wounds in about a minute, but can't actually regenerate damaged tissue below the skin or stop internal bleeding. It seems to me that a first aid roll is pretty close to that. So I'm trying to price an advantage that allows a character to heal themselves equivalent to a use of first aid, but not fully heal any and all of their wounds.

Kromm's "Skills to Advantages" article in Pyramid #3/44 has the Healer's Touch ability for 5 points, but that allows healing others. What would be a fair cost for a 'self-only' limitation on that?

The perk Accessory (first aid kit) would only cost 1 point and would eliminate equipment penalties. That and a point of First Aid skill would accomplish about the same thing. I think that looks like another reasonable way to determine the cost.

The campaign is being run by a GM who is experienced with other games, but new to running GURPS, so I'd like to have a solid RAW explanation of how I came up with the price.

Anyone have any other ideas for modeling a limited self-healing power like that?
Mr_Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 01:37 PM   #2
Nosforontu

Default Re: Minor healing power

To me the power seems like it wouldn't heal so much as to prevent Bleeding which would lead to Injury Tolerance Doesn't Bleed.
Nosforontu is offline   Reply With Quote