Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-01-2020, 10:46 AM   #61
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

So Plane, how much have you figure out about Olive's past? and will she be keeping that name once she jumps? And how are you likeing the format so far?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:16 PM   #62
Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
So Plane, how much have you figure out about Olive's past? and will she be keeping that name once she jumps? And how are you likeing the format so far?
Not very much, could be a lot of explanations for a skill set.

Whether or not she uses the same 'Olive Green' alias in a new place might depend on who she encounters there. Might shorten it to "Ollie G" so as not being dishonest but maybe not giving 100% info to someone she doesn't trust.

Format is interesting so far, able to avoid my pining for crunch with the combat thread.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:44 AM   #63
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
I was having a look at Peter's character sheet, and I was wondering if we should give Peter a few time-use based points in Hiking or Survival for all that time on the world with the miracle workers where they hiked 400 miles?
Yes, Peter has spent quite a lot of time in pretty primitive conditions. He already has hiking and survival, but they're pretty low. Lets give him 1 point in survival (jungle) and one additional point in hiking. Also, He's completed a few worlds without getting any points, which is weird. He has 6 points to spend on any trait that he has points on, or to be saved up for later.

Quote:
Also, could I swap "Sensitive" for "Talent: Empath level 1"? It has replaced it in my mind since PU3: Talents. Not sure if I didn't have it or if I hadn't internalized it yet when writing up Peter.
That's a fine idea. go ahead and do it.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-05-2021, 08:28 AM   #64
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Dreaming default - 8, Roll of 7! I actually made one! (Can I put a point in Dreaming? I was thinking with the variant-meditation, could I put a point in Autohypnosis as well?)

I will save the luck and deal with the bruise. How are we doing Luck availablity? Is it Game Time, or every so many posts?

Huh, the original OCC thread says that luck is game time.

The variant meditation isn't autohypnosis. Its an excercize designed to increase what ammounts to an energy reserve. Your current ER is 10, courtesty of the unusual background that lets you use any magic.

Lets have him succeed at dreaming once more before granting a point in it.

Old 06-23-2021, 03:35 PM   #65
the_matrix_walker

Is it permissible to spend Peter's 5 unspent CP on a level of Destiny?
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:09 AM   #66
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Is it permissible to spend Peter's 5 unspent CP on a level of Destiny?

Yes... Though what kind? a specific destiny, or an impulse-buy sort?

Are you looking at doing game time or every so many posts?

I'm also surprised... I'd have thought you'd be sinking those into magic, riding, and so forth. but destiny is valid.

Old 06-24-2021, 01:41 PM   #67
the_matrix_walker

The Impulse Buy / MH type one is what I was referring to. As for the refresh rate, probably every so many posts would likely be more advantageous.

Magic? I was not aware that was an option. If I spend points on magic, will it be available after a jump?

As for Riding, I've never rolled against it, so maybe not quite yet on that one. I was interested in Dreaming before, buy you were not ready for Peter to take it.

I was curious... Maybe he needs another jump with some more training to help justify it, but with the breadth of natural skills he has now, I was wondering about merging them and swapping him to a Wildcard like "Hunter" like Vassarious is using (though I'd likely rename it for better 'Peter-like' flavor).
Old 06-25-2021, 07:19 AM   #68
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
The Impulse Buy / MH type one is what I was referring to. As for the refresh rate, probably every so many posts would likely be more advantageous.
I thought so. I'm looking around for my most recent opinion on post-hour-ratios. I think right now I'm estimating it at 20+10*player count. I think.

Quote:
Magic? I was not aware that was an option. If I spend points on magic, will it be available after a jump?
Once you are exposed to a magic system, you can learn it, and spend points in it. Most magic systems are available on most worlds, and least for dreamers, who have a touch of cosmic about them. The most common magic to be excluded is mind reading and mind control. The Karana magic of this world will transfer just fine to most worlds.

Quote:
As for Riding, I've never rolled against it, so maybe not quite yet on that one. I was interested in Dreaming before, buy you were not ready for Peter to take it.
Dreaming is a special skill for this campaign. For riding... you've sort of been implicitly rolling against it for a while here. Take it or not.

Quote:
I was curious... Maybe he needs another jump with some more training to help justify it, but with the breadth of natural skills he has now, I was wondering about merging them and swapping him to a Wildcard like "Hunter" like Vassarious is using (though I'd likely rename it for better 'Peter-like' flavor).
I'd prefer not to use wildcards for lost-in-dreams. Being oddly specific about which situations he's been in and learned from is part of the game.

Old 06-30-2021, 07:45 AM   #69
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

So do we want to spend some skill points?

Old 06-30-2021, 01:51 PM   #70
the_matrix_walker

Not sure... I was thinking of Destiny... but now there is the thought of magic in the mix, and I might want to save up for an Attribute boost.

About how long would you say Peter's been Lost in Dreams?

Tags
ericthered, friendpmcii, lost in dreams