Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-14-2006, 04:52 PM   #711
Atreyu_Hibiki

Default Re: 50-point Abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Captain
url for that advantages site please?
It's been at the bottom of the first post for quite a while now, but since you asked so politely, I've now enlarged it in the first post, so more people will notice it.

And also since you asked, here it is, in all it's slow-updating glory:

http://www.geocities.com/gurpsadvantages/
Atreyu_Hibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:20 AM   #712
Der Wanderer

Master of All Weapons (+75% all)
Innate Attack +5 (Cutting 7x1.6; Melee (ST-Based) +100%; Requires Melee Weapon -10%; Reach of Melee Weapon -5%; Damage of Melee Weapon -10%; Has Weapons Parry Stats and Special Effects +0%) [20]
Innate Attack +4 (Impaling 8x1.3; Melee (ST-Based) +100%; Requires Melee Weapon -10%; Reach of Melee Weapon -5%; Damage of Melee Weapon -10%; Has Weapons Parry Stats and Special Effects +0%) [4]
Innate Attack +4 (Crushing 5x1.3; Melee (ST-Based) +100%; Requires Melee Weapon -10%; Reach of Melee Weapon -5%; Damage of Melee Weapon -10%; Has Weapons Parry Stats and Special Effects +0%) [3]

Description: You can use any Weapon with your Innate Attack (Melee; DX/E) Skill, making you equally able to wield any weapon from Knife to Halberd. You deal the same amount/kind of damage as the weapon you are wielding would do. If a weapon is unbalanced, requires 2 hands, can get stuck, gives penalties to parry etc. these restrictions apply to your usage too, but on the up side you also gain the benefits from using a flail, a fencing weapon or a staff. In short, ignore the IA, use weapons normally just replace all weapon skills with your IA skill... 27 CP

Comments:
- This is a cheap method to gain access to all weapons...
- Technically you should use Brawling for these Innate Attacks, but replacing a DX/E skill with another is fair and besides, you loose the damage bonus from brawling.
- Buy Weapon Master (All Weapons)
- Very Fine or Magical Weapons might deal more damage than your IA, restrict these weapons to the max damage of your IA (or use the appropriate weapon skill)

Suggestion:
Forget the write-up, just buy an Unusual Background (All Weapons Master) [30] and the Melee Weapon Art (DX/E)* skill
*Equivalent to the Throwing Art skill, without the damage bonus
Old 12-29-2006, 03:19 AM   #713
Der Wanderer

Steelwraith (-80% / Modifying Basic Damage +240%)
Insubstanitality (Always On -50%; Accessibility (Only vs. Metal) -20%; No Vertical Movement -10%; Noisy -5%; Can Carry Objects (No Encumbrance) +10%; Countermeasurement (Weapons Enchanted with Steelwraith) -5%) [16]
Modifying Basic Damage
5 (basic cost of cr damage) x 0.6 (1d-2 thr damage at ST10)* x 2.4 (Cosmic (Limited by "Only vs. Metal Armour" -20%)) [8]

Description: You cannot be harmed by metal objects, they simply pass through you (This effect extends to your equipment up to no Encumbrance), but you also cannot touch metal and can pass through metal objects. Your punches (up to 1d-2 or ST10) also pass straight through any metal armour. 24 points

*1d-2 is on average 2 damage if my calculations are right

Last edited by Der Wanderer; 12-29-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Der Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:53 AM   #714
Harald B

I don't get it: wouldn't the insubstantiality part alone already make all of your unarmed attacks pass through metal armor as if it weren't there? And if not why not?
Harald B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:35 AM   #715
Der Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald B
I don't get it: wouldn't the insubstantiality part alone already make all of your unarmed attacks pass through metal armor as if it weren't there? And if not why not?
Permeation Metal does not let you punch through metal armour so I figured to avoid point crook I should modify the Basic Damage.
So theoretically yes, but for game balance I would say no. And its quite powerfull for 24 CP me thinks...
Old 12-30-2006, 01:44 PM   #716
Der Wanderer

Teleport

Fixed Magic Teleport [22]
- Prerequisits 4 [4] (Hawk Flight, Flight, Levitation, Apportation)
- Magery 3 (Single Spell) [6]
- Skill @ IQ+1 [12]

Magery 0 [5]

Description: See Magic pg. 147. You can Teleport yourself and up to heavy encumbrance. In order to do so, roll against IQ + 4 - Range Modifiers (Magic pg. 147), the casting takes 1 second and costs FP depending on the teleportation distance. The caster must make a Body sense roll. As this is fixed magic it suffers from all drawbacks of the Magic Limitation. You also have Magery 0, which lets you detect magical items. 27 CP

Notes:
- Has higher FP cost than Warp
- Cannot get casting bonus for longer preparation
+ No penalty for 1 sec Teleportation

Last edited by Der Wanderer; 12-30-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Der Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:59 AM   #717
RedMattis

Weather Control [48p] (-80%)
Create 4: Any Natural Weather (Common [20p]) (Natural Phenomena, +100%; Takes Extra Time 7: 2 minutes, -140%; Requires Words, -10%; Requires Gestures, -10%; FP cost, 2, -10%; Requires IQ roll, -10%)

Description: You can change the weather to whatever you feel like. This requires you to do gestures and speak out words out loud. Before the effect takes place you must do this for two minutes, and make on roll IQ roll.
If the ritual is successful you can change the weather to give +/- 4 on any rolls where the weather could play a role. The weather will affect a 1, 2 mile radius
All weather effects, such as clouds, mist, lightning storm winds are all possible

Modification: Weather Control costs 4p/level.

Note: This advantage is perfect for Weather Control powers such as those Dracula displayed

Last edited by RedMattis; 01-04-2007 at 10:06 AM.
RedMattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:04 AM   #718
KlausPrinceOfTheUndeads

Enthrall [25]

Mind Control (Hearing-Based, -20%; Must share a language with the subject, -10%; Orders must be vocalized, -20%*) [25]

* This is higher than the -10% for "Requires Words", because you have to vocalize every command: you are not casting a Dominate spell, you are controlling someone else with your voice and your voice only! For the same motive, you can't claim any bonus for long concentration.

Your powerful voice can literally charme! When you wan to use this power, give an order and roll a Quick Contest of Will between you and your victim (you get distance penalties: see B550; you also are at -1 per slave altready under your control); if you win, you can control him until you continue to speak and for one minute per point by which you won the Quick Contest after you stop.
The ability to enthrall people is powerful, but has some limits. The subject must hear and understand you to be commanded, so you must share at least one language with him (this means an ordinary human can't control animals without telepathy; this should probably increase the limitation's value for characters without those special means). If you are incapacitated or attempt to force him to act against his principles, roll another Quick Contest: if you lose, your victim breaks free.
Should you lose any of these Quick Contest, you cannot repeat the attempt for 24 hours, and the subject feels a sense of mental coercion emanating grom you. On a critical failure, you also lose control of anyone else under your influence. Using this power against people aware of the supernatural could transform a simple failure in to a tricky situation.
KlausPrinceOfTheUndeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:41 AM   #719
KlausPrinceOfTheUndeads

Boost Strength [36]

ST (without HP) +5 (Costs Fatigue, 1 FP per point of increase, -10%) [36]

You can increase your ST for a brief period, but this is very fatiguing. You can spend 1 FP to raise your Strength by 1, up to a maximum of 5 FP. The ST "boost" lasts one minute, but you can mantain it by paying half the original cost per extra minute: so,a +2 bonus would cost 2 FP to activate and 1 FP per minute after the first to mantain.
This ability is usually possesed by "chi" masters, psionics and supernatural beings.
KlausPrinceOfTheUndeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:41 AM   #720
Der Wanderer

Deceptive Mind (+120%;+0%)
Resistance (Base 30; "+8 to Mind Control" x 0.5; Low Signature (-8 to spot) +20%; Stealthy +100%) [33]
Indomitable [15]
Description: You are impossible to influence by Words only (Indomitable) and really hard to influence by supernatural means (+8 to all resistance rolls). Furthermore you can full anyone into believing that he was successfull in influencing you (Stealthy), or give false information to a Mind Reader (Stealthy). Anyone trying to detect your Mental Resistance is at -8 (Low Signature). 48 points

Designer Notes: I used Stealthy from Obscure, to fool anyone attempting mind reading on you. Its stealthy by giving out false information (Mind Reader) and making any other attacker belive that his attack was a success.

Tags
gurpsland, house rules, pdf, powers, sample powers