Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-11-2006, 02:01 AM   #701
Der Wanderer

Default Re: 50-point Abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMattis
Fiery Combo:
Description: This is a combo of two slashes with your sword, followed by a powerful fiery attack, and finaly a powerful knockback punch.

Slash (+75%) [7p] [36/5]
Innate Attack: cut 3d (Melee Attack, 1-2, -25%; ST based, +100%)

Fiery Slash (-55%) [7p] [34/5]
Innate Attack: cut 11d (Melee Attack, 1-2, -25%; Incendiary, +10%; Accessability: Only after using "Slash" two times in a row, -40%)

Shooting Star** [36] (-80%)
Innate Attack: Crush 36d (No Wounding, -50%; No Blunt Trauma, -20%; Doubble Knockback, +20%; Melee Attack, C, -30%; Only after Fiery Slash, -50%)

Total Cost: 50p
Ohh man I hope you don't mind me rewriting this... but this idea is just soooo cooooooool

Fiery Combo [50]
Slash (+35%) [2x3 = 6 CP]
2x Innate Attack: cut sw+1 (Melee Attack (Reach 1, Cannot Parry, ST based) +70%; All-Out Attack -25%; Link +10%; Requires a Sword -20%)

Fiery Slash (+45%) [11 CP]
Innate Attack: cut sw + 1d (Melee Attack (Reach 1, Cannot Parry, ST based) +70%; All-Out Attack -25%; Link +10%; Requires a Sword -20%; Incendiary, +10%)

Shooting Star (-80%) [33]
Innate Attack: cr 33d (Melee Attack (Range 1, Cannot Block) -30%; All-Out Attack -25%; No Blunt Trauma -20%; Doubble Knockback +20%; Link +10%; Costs 1 FP -5%)

Description:For 1 FP you can hit your enemy (always the same) 2x with Slash (cut, sw+1); 1x with Fiery Slash (cut, sw +1d incendiary); 1x with (cr, 33d, double knockback, no blunt trauma). You cannot defend that turn...

Last edited by Der Wanderer; 11-11-2006 at 02:11 AM.
Der Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:25 AM   #702
Der Wanderer

Toxic Mind Shield (+170%):
Innate Attack 2d+1 (Toxic; Aura +80%; Melee C -30%; Affects Insubstantial +20%; Side Effect (Terrible Pain) +110%; Time Spanning (Shock penalties and Side Effect, apply immediately to the ongoing mental touch) +50%; Only on Mental Touches -40%*; Always On -20%) [25 CP]
Notes: You have an Aura that deals 2d+1 of Toxic damage to anybody touching you mentally. The victim must make a HT roll (modified by the damage take (-1 per 2 points of damage), on average -4) to avoid suffering from Terrible Pain and has to re-roll for his mental touch, modified by Shock Penalties (-1 per point of dmg taken up to -4) and additional -6 for the Terrible Pain (If the HT roll was failed).
On the down side, this also affects also beneficial afflictions / spells. 25 points.

Designer Note:
*I assume that mental touches are less than 5%...
This is probably the lamest variation of an active mind shield. A demon or god might have Side Effects causing Permanent Nightmares or drain the Mind Reading Adantage

Designers Rant:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm
Do remember that Telesend is a subset of Telecommunication. The Telecommunication limitation on Mind Reading is meant to be a not-so-subtle way of saying, "Works only on people on whom you're using Telesend." It's certainly the case that Telesend is supposed to let you follow up with further mental abilities; it's a kind of "touch," you could say.
OK, my interpretation of this is:
Any ability that connects two minds (Affliction with Malediction, Mind Reading, Magical Telecommunication etc…) is considered a touch.
Therefore any of these abilities are susceptible to an Innate Attack / Affliction modified with the Aura and the Affects Insubstantial Enhancements (I assume its an insubstantial touch, as you cannot really feel it).

Last edited by Der Wanderer; 11-14-2006 at 08:37 AM.
Der Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:16 PM   #703
RedMattis

Mental Assault (+70%) [17]
Innate Attack (Fatigue) 1d (Maldiction +100%; Telepathy Power, -10%; Low Signature, +10%; Sense Based: Sight, -20%; Link, Wound Mind, +10%; Resistable, Will-2, -20%)

Wound Mind (-50%) [35]
Terror 4 (Confusion; Active, +0%, Follow-Up: -40%; Telepathy, -10%)

Total: 52p

Description: You Mentally assault your oponent and if succsessive twist his perception of reality for the moment. While strong willed victims usualy shrug of the effects immediately weak willed opponents might get stunned by the illusions, or maybe even so caught up in them that they remain caught up in them for minutes... possibly completely deranged afterwards.

Note: This is is a Telepathy-based attack meant mostly for PSIs
Old 11-19-2006, 05:40 AM   #704
YanivLib

Orb Of Protection (+65%): Damage Resistance 6 (Limited: Ranged Physical, -40%; Force Field, +20%; Requires concentration, -15%; Area Effect 1, +50%; Affect Others, +50%) [50]

Description: This ability enables you to protect yourself and others from solid projectiles such as stones, knives, etc. Its usefulness against firearms is limited. Maintaining this ability is difficult and requires constant concentration. 50 points.

Notes: I need help with cool names. Please.

Last edited by YanivLib; 11-24-2006 at 08:33 AM.
YanivLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:08 PM   #705
Mgellis

Here's one my 12-year-old daughter came up with...

"You smell like cheese!"

Affliction 1 (Distinctive feature: You smell like cheese, +1%; Malediction 1, +100%; Permanent, +300%) [51]

If your target fails his or her HT roll, he or she will instantly develop an obvious, although not automatically unpleasant, odor of cheese. People, animals, etc. with a normal sense of smell will be able to tell they smell like cheese. And it will never, ever go away, no matter what they do.

This has got to be one of the most useless powers I've ever seen, but it is funny. It might work well as a harmless curse used by a god or some other powerful entity with a sense of humor.

Mark
Mgellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:01 AM   #706
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2

"Quartermain's Syndrome"
51 points

Serendipity 2 (Only with Super Luck -30%) [21 points]
Super Luck (Fickle -20%) [80 points]
Cursed (Fickle -20%) [-50 points]

The vicitm is subject to wild swings of fortune. One day he'll be on top, the next day on bottom. The man for whom this condition is named, 19th century adventurer Allan Quartermain, is a classic example of the condition - in as little time as one month, he could go from wealth and prestige, hobnobbing with royal heads, to being a penniless outlaw in a foreign nation, and then in another month be catapulted back to fame and fortune once more.
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:33 AM   #707
RedMattis

Is there a new release of the pdf list out yet?
Old 12-07-2006, 02:07 PM   #708
Harald B

Quote:
Nope. Note that in case of an update post 1 will be edited. Hence the "last edited at" date reveals how recent the latest release is.
Moving on, ...

Freeing the anger [50]
Affliction (Negated Disad: Pacifism, +150%; Bloodlust (6), +20%; Area Effect: 32yd, +250%; Emanation, -20%)

This ability temporarily makes nearby people lose their inclinations against violence and gain the inclination to kill their enemies, which makes any situation of hostility much worse. It's rather unlikely to affect strong-willed people and will in any case not affect those with -30 Total Nonviolence, but those aren't quite the point anyway. Instead, what this ability is good for is making largish fights (such as barfights or minor riots) result in the deaths of many involved.
This ability was designed having in mind demonic spirits out to cause mayhem in a relatively subtle way. Necessary finishing touches for that purpose are to add Affects Substantial and a suitable power modifier.
Harald B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:42 PM   #709
Atreyu_Hibiki

Quote:
*sigh* Okay, so I'm behind... I know this, you know this. I'm going to be moving to Dani's home state in less than two weeks, and I'm trying to figure out how to split the file, too. It occurred to me a while ago that there were enough psychic-aspected abilities to make their own book, so I began working on GURPS Abilities 2: Psionics (or some similar title), but with all my mangling to remove Power Modifiers, it's difficult to figure out what I did to which abilities to get rid of the Modifiers... :( Plus I've been burning through a few video games (SW Battlefront 2; the new Snoopy vs. Red Baron game; the original Secret of Monkey Island), and that's cut into my time. I seriously wish I had Altered Time Rate...

However, don't despair! Our good friend Zorg has been hard at work finishing up his book, GURPS Templates, and has e-mailed it to me to post on the Advantages website. Coming soon to an Internet near you.
Atreyu_Hibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:28 PM   #710
Captain-Captain

url for that advantages site please?
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurpsland, house rules, pdf, powers, sample powers