Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-14-2006, 04:39 PM   #661
Blackseasofinfinity

Default Re: 50-point Abilities

[52] Tatsu Maki Senpuu Kyaku (+83%): 2d+12 crush (All-Out, -25%; Area Effect, 2 yards, +50%; Blockable, -10%; Bombardment, 14, -5%; Chi Use, -10%; Costs Fatigue, 2 FP, -10%; Emanation, -20%; Rapid Fire, 4-7, +70%; Requires Jump Check, -5%; Requires Yelling "Tatsu Maki Senpuu Kyaku!," -10%; Side Effect: Stunning, +50%)

Notes: This is the renown Street-Fighter move by Ryu and Ken where the martial artist leaps into the air and spins with his right leg extended.

Designer Notes: Yeah, sure, I could have modelled this with a crap load of Extra Attacks or ATR or something, but this is cheaper and simpler.
Blackseasofinfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:40 PM   #662
William

You know, post #666 in this thread ought to be Worthy[tm].
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:22 AM   #663
Der Wanderer

In Harmony with the Tao [50 CP/level]
Wild Talent [20/level]
Super Luck (Active -40%; Aspected (For Wild Talent Only) -20%; Costs 2 FP -10%) [30/level]
Description: Once per hour per level you can use a skill you do not know, and you can perform flawless...
Old 10-17-2006, 02:20 AM   #664
Verjigorm

Location: Charlotte, North Caroline, United States of America, Earth?

Here's something I tried, but I don't have Powers on hand, so bear with it:

Muster
Ally Groups(20x75pt knights[16], 50x50pt men-at-arms[20], 50x50pt archers[20], 9 or less, summonable(+100%), Preperation Required(8 hours)(-60%), Trigger(Messengers)(-10%), Skill Roll(leadership)(-5%), Nuissence Effect(messengers riding about, obvious)(-5%), Accessibility(only during spring and summer)(-40%))[45]

You can muster a fuedal army. This requires a Leadership(alternately it could be Logistics, Tactics, Strategy or Soldier) roll, 8 hours of continous concentration(writing messages, etc) and messengers to gather your troops. This can only be done during the campaign season, and your action is obvious to anyone observing you(in the form of messengers going to and fro constantly). Note: This ability assumes a 150pt character using it.

Whaddaya think? It's an excuse to use the Prep Req'd (8 hours) limitation.
Verjigorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:08 AM   #665
Der Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verjigorm

Muster
Ally Groups(20x75pt knights[16], 50x50pt men-at-arms[20], 50x50pt archers[20], 9 or less, summonable(+100%), Preperation Required(8 hours)(-60%), Trigger(Messengers)(-10%), Skill Roll(leadership)(-5%), Nuissence Effect(messengers riding about, obvious)(-5%), Accessibility(only during spring and summer)(-40%))[45]

You can muster a fuedal army. This requires a Leadership(alternately it could be Logistics, Tactics, Strategy or Soldier) roll, 8 hours of continous concentration(writing messages, etc) and messengers to gather your troops. This can only be done during the campaign season, and your action is obvious to anyone observing you(in the form of messengers going to and fro constantly). Note: This ability assumes a 150pt character using it.

Spring and Summer are half the year, so that accessibility should be -20%

I would add another Trigger (Money)
As I'm not aware of any Money=Trigger relation I suggest using Signature and Temporary Disadvantage as base you would get -1% per 500$ spend

Personally I would drop the leadership roll for the summoning (especially if you have more triggers like money ;))

Preparation Required is not exactly what you need, as it lets you prepare way before the ability is used... I would suggest using the house rule of Rev_Pee_Kitty
Old 10-17-2006, 10:03 PM   #666
Mgellis

The Piper

Those who hear your music, if they are close enough, will be your slaves (as long as the effect lingers, you can give them verbal commands like "follow me, children" or "join me, my sweet, in the grotto of the Great God Pan" and then resume playing to extend control).

Mind Control (Area Effect, 8 yards, +150%; Emanation, -20%; Puppet, -40%; Only while playing pipes, -20%; Hearing-based, -20%, Magical, -10%) [70]

Quote:
Originally Posted by William
You know, post #666 in this thread ought to be Worthy[tm].

Last edited by Mgellis; 10-17-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Mgellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:06 AM   #667
joelbf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verjigorm

I really like this ability, but don't you think it takes a bit more than 8 hours to sort out the logistics, plan for the feeding and housing etc? I'd say more like 8 days, but then again I really have no clue. Someone with better knowledge of medieval warfare around?
joelbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:12 AM   #668
Verjigorm

Location: Charlotte, North Caroline, United States of America, Earth?

I don't think so. Medieval logistics and planning were fairly medieorce at best, so the detailed planning isn't really there. For an army of this size, one is essentially a small landowner like a margrave, earl or Baron. The size of his fief is such that he can probably send out messengers to all his knights in a day.

I am thinking about adding "takes additional time" as well.
Verjigorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:00 AM   #669
Blackseasofinfinity

[53] Shrink Dodge (+110%): Shrinking 5 (<Power Modifier>, -10%; Reflexive, +40%; Can Carry Objects: Light, +20%; Full HP, +30%; Full Move, +30%; Minimum Size Only, +0%)

Notes: You can shrink right before someone hits you! Being that small will cause your opponent to take -5 to his weapon attack. After he misses, you could run away or hide (notice Full Move).
Blackseasofinfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:56 AM   #670
zorg
Experimental Subject

Rotting Touch [+50]
Affliction 1 (Heart Attack +300%; Onset: 1 week -40%; Touch-Based +150%; Link +10%) [42/lvl]
plus
Toxic Attack 1d (Link +10%, Symptoms: Tresh 2/3HP: Social Disease +5%; Cyclic (7 Cycles, 1 day each) +70%) [7,4/lvl]

Well, I'm not sure whether the Link works as intended, but you get the idea. Any comments?

Tags
gurpsland, house rules, pdf, powers, sample powers