Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #31
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: [OOC] Assault on Bunker 23

I'm still working on my character. I think I'm almost done. I only need to remove about four hundred points right now.

I'm always shocked (heehee) by how expensive Innate Attacks are.

Burning Attack 40d (Surge, Arcing, +100%; Rapid Fire 3, +50%; Increased 1/2D, x10, +15%; Increased Max 50x, +25%; Side Effect, Stunning, +50%; Guided, +50%; Nuisance, Thunderclap, -5%; Super, -10%) [730]

That is one expensive attack. You could do a lot better than that if you carried around a cannon and used imbuements with it. It is ridiculous how good imbuements are with TL 6 weapons, especially heavy ones if you buy the ST to carry them. That might be something for someone to consider.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #32
samd6

With my current build, I'm dropping something like 500-600 points on terror alone. (It has Cosmic:Irresistable. You only roll dice to see how badly you fail)

Terror (-7 penalty, Irresistable +300, Presence +25%, Area 160 yards +200%) [625]

Is irresistable going to be worth it? If not, I can crank the penalty up to -15, or -24 if I scale down the area.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #33
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by samd6 View Post
Is irresistable going to be worth it? If not, I can crank the penalty up to -15, or -24 if I scale down the area.
It's going to mean I need to make my robot's defense Cosmic. I don't want him to have the physical capacity to feel fear.

My blog.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #34
Poonbahbah

Been edited up to a fourth and possibly final draft. Her best defense is still using her constructs to do her super heroing for her. Changes include fiddling with my modular abilities and lowering intelligence.
Spoiler:  

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 12-29-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #35
samd6

Are we using additive or multiplicitive modifiers?
Old 12-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #36
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorin Thorha View Post
As originally written, he had heavily modified Visualization (already specifically forbidden) as well as loads of Luck/Super Luck with the Alter Reality enhancement.

If I end up playing this, I'll probably downplay that aspect of the character in favor of more mind altering abilities and some direct physical strength. Awe at a high level is especially tempting.
Alter Reality is fine. Tone down the Visualization, add some other things to bring it up to 2,000 points, and you're fine.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #37
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Are we using additive or multiplicitive modifiers?
Additive modifiers.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #38
Michael Thayne

Quote:
With my current build, I'm dropping something like 500-600 points on terror alone. (It has Cosmic:Irresistable. You only roll dice to see how badly you fail)

Terror (-7 penalty, Irresistable +300, Presence +25%, Area 160 yards +200%) [625]

Drop the Irresistible Attack. I don't think using it to make people automatically fail fear checks is a canonical use of that modifier, and given that it explicitly doesn't remove resistance rolls, I'd say it can't be used to do the autofail fright checks thing. If you're really committed to the idea of this being a cosmic power, Cosmic, +300% could get you around Unfazeable, though.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #39
ErhnamDJ

Look in Power-Ups 4 under Irresistible Attack. The whole point is to overcome defenses like Unfazeable. It's quite clear. Search the document for the word 'unfazeable.'

It does really screw up characters who have those immunities for mechanical reasons, though. It needs to make sense conceptually, and I would only allow it for gods or with a limitation. I wouldn't allow an Irresistible attack without accessibility limitations unless there was a pretty good explanation behind it. Bacteria and trees just do not have minds to do mind-stuff to.

Also, if I want to have TL 6 and 7 military equipment like guns and grenades, do I need to purchase a Patron, or will I be able to get access to that stuff?

My blog.

Last edited by ErhnamDJ; 12-04-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #40
Totem

First draft of the character sheet (I'm still working on the rest of it, but this does come to 1999 points):

Spoiler:  

Last edited by Totem; 12-05-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Correcting some minor errors in costing
Totem is offline   Reply With Quote