Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 07-25-2019, 11:42 AM   #1
thorr-kan

Default Tether Site: Mesaba Cooperative Park

'It shouldn't even exist': Park founded by Finnish radicals is one of Minnesota's best-kept secrets

http://www.startribune.com/this-minn...ist/513144632/

Obviously a forked Tether to Flowers and Stone. Small and quiet, but potent.

And the scene to a lot of clenched-teeth cooperation between the War and Peace factions in Heavan.
thorr-kan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Tether Site: Mesaba Cooperative Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorr-kan View Post
'It shouldn't even exist': Park founded by Finnish radicals is one of Minnesota's best-kept secrets

http://www.startribune.com/this-minn...ist/513144632/

Obviously a forked Tether to Flowers and Stone. Small and quiet, but potent.

And the scene to a lot of clenched-teeth cooperation between the War and Peace factions in Heavan.
Yes, I can see this being a treasured site for David and his angels, and I wonder about that FBI activity in the past. Some possibilities:

1) The local celestials drew a little too much attention and the mortal authorities got curious.
2) The local angels of Flowers began to engage in some behaviors that prompted a Judgment angel to investigate the situation through appropriate channels.
3) A demon of Factions encouraged the investigation, hoping to get the Stone and Flowers Servitors blaming each other and undermine the power of the Tether.
4) An angel of Stone quietly encouraged the investigation, hoping to increase the solidarity of both angelic groups by giving them an outside threat.

Fun stuff! Thanks for sharing this; I love considering Tethers. (Elsewhere on this site, I've drawn up a list of Colorado-based ones.)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 10:41 PM   #3
thorr-kan

Default Re: Tether Site: Mesaba Cooperative Park

Rocket Man, in Real Life (tm), the FBI investigated because the Iron Range was hotbed of activity for various American Communist Parties. The Fibbies were right to investigate; there was a history of Soviet infiltration into MN political activities. But the Finns were right to organize; mine working conditions were brutal.
thorr-kan is offline   Reply With Quote