Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-08-2022, 10:42 AM   #311
TGLS

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Julian draws the heat symbol, and an intense heat starts coming off of his hand.
I'm a bit surprised that my pen slipped in just the right way to complete a heat symbol. I briefly go to wipe my nervous sweat, but then think better of it. Let's burn these three weakened ropes, and try to drop the pack quietly. If they don't notice sound of the falling pack, the slackening ropes and the fire, I'll try to light the pack on fire too before making a stealthy getaway. If they do notice, I'll just run for it, lighting fires on everything I steady myself on.

Hopefully the heat off the things I burn doesn't hurt my hot hand.

Quote:
[93] 22-11-08 18:42:25 CET

Stealth in case the drop roll is irrelevant.

3d6 <= 13
6 + 4 + 1 = 11 ... success
w ddd

[92] 22-11-08 18:41:36 CET

Strength (?) to drop the pack quietly

3d6 <= 7
1 + 4 + 6 = 11 ... failure
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 08:10 AM   #312
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Julian notices he doesn't have light to flee by, just the heat.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 08:30 AM   #313
TGLS

Quote:
Julian notices he doesn't have light to flee by, just the heat.
Right, and these tunnels are rough.

Well let's light that stick on fire too. Hopefully it doesn't just burn to ash in seconds and it works as a torch for a little while. If that doesn't work, I'll just burn more vegetation I guess.

Last edited by TGLS; 11-09-2022 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-10-2022, 08:27 AM   #314
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Torches don't give nearly the light that Julian hoped for... but they give some light. Julian tucks his diary into his belt. Togar sees that he is free and burning things. "Hey!"

Julian runs into the tunnels. Is he going higher, lower, or trying to keep the same elevation?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 11-10-2022, 09:47 AM   #315
TGLS

Quote:
Torches don't give nearly the light that Julian hoped for... but they give some light. Julian tucks his diary into his belt. Togar sees that he is free and burning things. "Hey!"

Julian runs into the tunnels. Is he going higher, lower, or trying to keep the same elevation?
Well we've been going generally downwards, so going upwards would be ideal. But it might be very slow going upwards, so it might be better to try and make space before coming back.

So I'll head up if that doesn't mean slowing to a crawl, otherwise I'll head whichever way is easiest (i.e. Away from the bug, Togar/Reslin, and quick to run down.)
Old 11-11-2022, 07:24 AM   #316
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Julian hurries up the slope, hopefully back the way they came. He hears Togar yelling after him. He thinks he hears Togar chasing him.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:07 AM   #317
TGLS

I guess the fire doesn't really catch on stuff up here. Must be too damp.

Well I don't have enough time or material to do anything clever, so I guess I'll just make sure to steady myself with the hot hand when there's an obstacle. Hopefully I'm faster than Togar, (Move 6 ought to do something).

Quote:
[94] 22-11-11 16:07:12 CET
Running Roll (HT or DX?)
3d6 <= 12
2 + 3 + 1 = 6 ... success
Old 11-14-2022, 08:42 AM   #318
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I guess the fire doesn't really catch on stuff up here. Must be too damp.
Yeah, its pretty damp up here. Some plants singe. There are spots that are dryish, so if you spend the time to find them you can start a fire, but the stuff in the middle of the tunnel tends to be fairly wet.

Quote:
Well I don't have enough time or material to do anything clever, so I guess I'll just make sure to steady myself with the hot hand when there's an obstacle. Hopefully I'm faster than Togar, (Move 6 ought to do something).
Its very dark, even with the fire. Julian struggles up the tunnels, trusting in his speed. He has to relight the stick a few times. A few minutes later, he looks back, and there is no light behind him. He's alone in the tunnels, with a small burning stick, some clothes, and his diary.

give me a navigation roll (at default if necessary) to see if he is still on the path they came down or has a good idea how to get there.

Old 11-14-2022, 10:06 AM   #319
TGLS

Quote:
Yeah, its pretty damp up here. Some plants singe. There are spots that are dryish, so if you spend the time to find them you can start a fire, but the stuff in the middle of the tunnel tends to be fairly
Well, now that I have a spot to catch my breath at, I might as well keep the fire going in case my hot hand runs out of juice. Animals are afraid of fire, right?

Quote:
Its very dark, even with the fire. Julian struggles up the tunnels, trusting in his speed. He has to relight the stick a few times. A few minutes later, he looks back, and there is no light behind him. He's alone in the tunnels, with a small burning stick, some clothes, and his diary.

give me a navigation roll (at default if necessary) to see if he is still on the path they came down or has a good idea how to get there.
Well let's see... When we came down here, we went left left right, so I went right right left, and uh...

Quote:
[95] 22-11-14 17:48:30 CET
Navigation Default
3d6 <= 8
3 + 4 + 4 = 11 ... failure
Crap, I'm in a dark hole and I have no idea which way town is. It would be two days if I knew which way I was going, and I don't. I have no tools apart from fire and light, and no supplies. I'm probably going to starve in a few days. Unless Reslin and Togar catch up. Then they'll beat me senseless or kill me.

I look for a stick to use as another light when the first becomes charcoal. Then I'll carry on.
Quote:
[96] 22-11-14 18:04:30 CET
Scrounging
3d6 <= 13
1 + 5 + 1 = 7 ... success
[97] 22-11-14 18:05:39 CET
Hiking
3d6 <= 11
5 + 6 + 2 = 13 ... failure
Oh man, I lost my shoe.
Old 11-15-2022, 08:57 AM   #320
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Julian scrounges up a much better stick for burning. The hot hand is lasting for quite some time... is it as long as the light stone, or a different amount of time? He thinks its the same amount of time.

He quickly wears himself out going up the tunnel. He was sleeping before, and going up is exhausting. He swears he's picking the most difficult routes up, and sometimes he has to back track.

After a long and grueling climb, the heat in his hand goes out. He's on his fourth branch lit on fire.

Tags
lost in dreams