Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-20-2017, 05:53 PM   #781
Prince Charon

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
Continuing the Planetary Government series, I have the law enforcement of the planets of the Alliance, the Alliance Constabulary! I take a look at how different planets handle their legal troubles, how they deal with the Alliance itself, and what different tactics different planets might use.
You've got a paragraph in your examples (under 'Constabulary Agendas') that ends abruptly in the middle of a sentence:
Quote:
An interstellar corporation has a mining operation on the planet, and they work their laborers to the bone. They move within the law, especially their own law, and they have powerful allies in the Senate that prevent scrutiny. However, after safety disaster after safety disaster, or the disappearance of labor reformers on a planet, some of the locals have had enough, and have begun to attack corporate representatives. Local law enforcement must move to put down these riots and restore control, while the local authorities, equally incensed

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:53 PM   #782
Mailanka

Thanks, Prince Charon. Also, the formatting evidently needed to be fixed too! That's also better now!

It's Patreon day, and for my dear patrons, I can finally release my full Alliance Preview document! It details the nobility and the details of four major houses.

If you're not a patron, and you're aching for some kind of preview, one of my patrons was instantly inspired to create his own character, which I present here: Zander Starlane, Aristocratic Assassin.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:03 AM   #783
Mailanka

A quick patreon post today, in which I share the playtest notes I used when coming up with the Rethinking Dreadnoughts post back from iteration 5, which contains the rather dramatic, full-scale battle between the Dreadnoughts Reaper and Rain of Fire.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:39 AM   #784
Mailanka

Hey there. I've got another Patreon post continuing my look as Spaceships. Today, I'm introducing some new house rules and revisions in an effort to tighten up some issues I've noticed and, more importantly, to lay some ground work for improved Corvettes. If you're a Patron, check it out!
Old 07-26-2017, 06:08 AM   #785
Mailanka

The last Patreon post of the week (tomorrow is GURPS day and on Friday I'll do a State of the Blog post). Today, I take the rules I proposed yesterday and run them through a playtest ringer, including the standard "Starhawks vs Dreadnought" scenario, and a repeat of Monday's Dreadnought vs Dreadnought scenarios.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:34 AM   #786
Mailanka

Happy GURPS Day! I've been waiting for his one. Today, I have the last series on the Alliance that I'll do, and the first in the series on the Aristocracy. Today, I look at how noble houses work as organizations, and offer a glimpse of four of the noble houses of the Alliance. Enjoy!
Old 07-28-2017, 12:59 AM   #787
Mailanka

State of the Blog - August 2017
I've got a whole month's worth of stuff already scheduled, including at least 4 Patreon posts. If you're curious what the next month will bring, check it out.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:09 AM   #788
Mailanka

This week, I look at the military organizations associated with the Psi-Wars aristocracy, starting with the Alliance Regulars, the common soldiers of the Aristocracy.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:28 AM   #789
Mailanka

Today I look at the second form of aristocratic military organizations, the Knightly Order which, depending on its charter and who's running it, can be anything from a hardened military order of ardent warrior-fanatics to a social club for bored teenage aristocrats, or anything in between.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:23 AM   #790
Mailanka

So, we've looked at Knightly Orders and Alliance Regulars this week. Today, I show you the materiel used by both, including typical force swords, traditional armor, modern "dueling" armor and "symbolic" armor in the form of diamondoid jewelry. Finally, I discuss counterfeit arms, for those nobles who can't quite afford the real thing.

Tags
blog, blogs, determined attack, telegraphic attack