Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-08-2017, 11:26 PM   #721
Mailanka

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Part two of my series on the rebel insurgencies with a look at amateur insurgents, including insurgency-type lenses and mistakes that amateurs make.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:13 PM   #722
Apollonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
Happy GURPS day! I have not one but TWO posts for you.

First and most importantly, I have the first post for the Rebel Alliance: the Overview.
Minor note: the practice of concealing a message in another message is steganography, not stenography.
Apollonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:15 AM   #723
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
Minor note: the practice of concealing a message in another message is steganography, not stenography.
Thank you, it's been corrected!
Old 05-10-2017, 12:28 AM   #724
Mailanka

Today, part 3 of Rebel Insurgencies: Veteran Insurgents, a variety of possible allies and enemies for your psi-wars heroes.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:16 AM   #725
Phantasm

I am definitely enjoying these, and I'm seeing definite parallels between these and a Star Wars 'fic I once wrote for a rebel uprising on a farming planet. While being funded by the greater Rebel Alliance, the cell was almost all volunteer farmers, with only one or two experienced soldiers from the Clone Wars among them.

Of course, in the 'fic they ultimately lost, with the turning point being a daring theft of some local third-hand starfighters resulting in a Big No moment leading to a defection to the Empire by one of the cell members.

That lends a thought: If you're going to run a small-scale insurgency, anonymity of your members is often as important as their public actions. Once the Evil Empire knows who you are, you'd better run or prepare yourselves to die horribly.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:18 AM   #726
Mailanka

You may well enjoy tomorrow's post :)
Old 05-10-2017, 11:51 PM   #727
Mailanka

Back when I worked on the Empire, I created Imperial tactics as an experiment, a way for myself to see how the Empire itself operated. Given the disparate ways a rebel insurgency might conduct itself, I realized that no single, unified body of tactics would work, and so I came up with the four insurgent types and applied those to tactics.

The result is a small handbook on how insurgents might operate, depending on their beliefs, situation and level of training. Thus, I present a grab-bag of insurgent tactics for the Psi-Wars Rebellion!
Old 05-15-2017, 02:36 AM   #728
Mailanka

It's been a busy weekend for me, but on Friday, I did post a new Patreon post. If you're a patron, feel free to check out Dirty Ultra-Tech, a look at improvised TL 11^ arms and armor.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:07 AM   #729
Mailanka

Happy GURPS Day! Today, I've got the last post for the Rebel Insurgency: a summary and retrospective, including character considerations!
Old 05-18-2017, 07:12 AM   #730
Kalzazz

The image that always comes to mind is proud ranks of blue clad Continental Regulars standing firm against red clad legions of English oppression

Which is admittedly far from a nuanced understanding of rebellion, but is still the one that springs to mind

Snowy white chargers are optional, but compliment blue coats nicely
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blog, blogs, determined attack, telegraphic attack