Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 01-12-2009, 03:45 AM   #11
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine Virtual Atlas

Sticky me please?

Maybe combine it with the Online Resources thread?
Old 01-12-2009, 08:01 AM   #12
robkelk
Untitled

The easiest way to do that would be for me to re-post the list to the Online Resources thread (which I don't have time to do right now). I'll do that this evening.

Edit: Done

We can continue using this thread for additions and amendments...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.

Last edited by robkelk; 01-12-2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: added link to matching post in sticky thread
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #13
Acolyte

I might recommend replacing the first post of this thread with a link to the new resources post (and thanks for that, by the way). Unless you plan on updating both whenever someone posts here.

And I've started putting my material (my current game in Northern Indiana and my starting game in Cyprus) on the Web, via a pbwiki for that purpose. I'll let you know when it's complete.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:31 PM   #14
robkelk
Untitled

You're correct - it'll be too much work to maintain two copies of the list.

And I just found three more locations in the In Nomine Collection: London, England, Canberra, Australia, and Australia as a whole. This gives me enough links to Australian locations to separate that continent out into its own section...
Old 01-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #15
Acolyte

Heh. That makes us Yanks seem a bit less arrogant. *grin*
Old 08-05-2011, 07:19 AM   #16
robkelk
Untitled

Added Phoenix42's writeup of Mainz, Germany to the Virtual Atlas post in the Online Resources sticky.

Also separated out the European locations into their own section; since that left only Asian locations in the "elsewhere on Earth" section, I renamed that Asia, added placeholders for everywhere else, and sorted the list alphabetically by continent.

(And added the "setting" tag to Phoenix42's writeup, of course.)

Last edited by robkelk; 08-05-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #17
Phoenix42

Thanks Robkelk :)
I'll be expanding the Mainz setting - though I'm somewhat surprised that that's the only setting for the entirety of continental Europe... Seriously, nothing for Paris, Berlin, or ROME? *shakes head*
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #18
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

*is impressed*

(Sorry I haven't been around much. After a couple months mostly in the hospital, my father in law died... less than 2 weeks ago? *sigh*)
Old 08-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #19
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix42 View Post
Thanks Robkelk :)
I'll be expanding the Mainz setting - though I'm somewhat surprised that that's the only setting for the entirety of continental Europe... Seriously, nothing for Paris, Berlin, or ROME? *shakes head*
I know... Odd, isn't it? But, much like GURPS and e23 supplements, I can only list what other people want to write.

The only thing I'm sure about In Nomine Paris is that the strongest Angelic Tether on Earth is there, at Notre Dame. I know even less about In Nomine Berlin or Rome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
*is impressed*

(Sorry I haven't been around much. After a couple months mostly in the hospital, my father in law died... less than 2 weeks ago? *sigh*)
I grieve with you, Beth. I just lost my uncle, maybe a week earlier in much the same circumstances, so I know what you're going through.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #20
Phoenix42

Hey, don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining to you - quite the opposite, kudos for going to the trouble of collecting all the settings in one place! I am just ashamed by the fact that none of my fellow european IN gamers have got round to writing settings online. Still, there's always room for improvement...

Though (on a side note) personally, I never really got why Notre Dame is the mega-tether. I mean, yeah, it's big and all that, but compared to other cathedrals in Europe, it's not that much more spectacular. I always got the impression that (no offense) an American author was thinking "what's the biggest, oldest tether-like-thingy you can think of..?", though I will gladly stand corrected on that one.
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
setting