Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Traveller

Old 11-10-2017, 08:34 AM   #1
DAT

Default Non-Charted Space / Non-ISW to Third Imperium Settings

Who runs Traveller games in non-Charted Space / non-ISW to Third Imperium settings? What is your setting like?

Back in the early days of the LBBs, the first couple Traveller games I was in were generic "rolled" settings, where everything we found was pretty much rolled at the table. We started on a major high TL industrial world which had bases for all the services for our characters to retire/muster out from. From there it was random encounters and random star systems as we explored and traded our way around the unknown galaxy. I think the first game ended in a misjumped/lost ship, and the second game ended with us in prison from accidentally smuggling something onto a very high law level world and getting caught. The decision was made to retire our characters and start new ones playing a newly published adventure ... I can't remember if it was The Kinuir or Research Station Gamma.
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:43 AM   #2
Mike Wightman

Default Re: Non-Charted Space / Non-ISW to Third Imperium Settings

My longest running campaign is a planet of the week 'long night' setting - the players have yet to find out which long night...
there are rumours and ruins of the fallen Imperium, there is the cradle of humanity, Earth, somewhere.

My episodic campaign is The Culture setting - Mindjammer Traveller has really helped flesh that out.

The only 3I setting I regularly run is a proto-Imperium based on the early adventures and the TAS news bulletins from the early JTAS - the adventures of the crew of the Oberlindes Merchant Ship Bloodwell...
Mike Wightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:24 PM   #3
Evil Roy Slade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wightman View Post
My longest running campaign is a planet of the week 'long night' setting - the players have yet to find out which long night...
Perhaps one post-3I?
Evil Roy Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:58 AM   #4
Mike Wightman

Yes its definitely a post 3I long night...
Mike Wightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:23 PM   #5
Rupert

I'm running a New Era game that's been going to over a decade real time and about the same in game time. It's also currently not in charted space and possibly not in the TU at all - the PCs decided to play with some pre-war jump research tech that wasn't even half-finished and was built following a very dubious jump-space theory (i.e. they knowingly handed me licence to 'misjump' them in whatever the heck way I wanted).

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote