Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 10:40 AM   #11
Whitestreak

Default Re: Now On Kickstarter!

I backed earlier this morning for the $139 level.

Right now 1441 backers - $190,583 of $80,000
Old 11-29-2019, 10:43 AM   #12
Armin
GCA Prime

I have backed at the $139 level. Woo!

(Had a question here, answered it myself. Thanks.)

Last edited by Armin; 11-29-2019 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Answered my own question
Old 11-29-2019, 11:29 AM   #13
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentTwoeagles View Post
I pledged the $139, I would also like to pledge for the $50 two-player pack as well - I wanted to keep the $139 reward nice and pristine and use that $50 two-player pack to play with my young son :) Is that possible with Kickstarter? If not, I might have to create a second account with a different email.
There are two ways of doing this. One is to pledge for $139 now and be charged that much at the end of the campaign. After the campaign is over and they've tidied up the wreckage, they'll send out Backerkit links for fulfillment. That's where you pay for shipping, finalize your shipping address, and so on. You can also add on products at that point and pay for them then. So it's $139 on your credit card at the end of the campaign, $50 plus shipping later through Backerkit.

The other is to pledge $189 now and be charged that at the end of the campaign. You'll still need to indicate in Backerkit that what you want with that extra $50 is the two-player pack and, of course, pay for shipping. In both cases, you're not actually telling the system that you want the two-player pack in addition to the core game until later; the main difference is that if you go the latter route, that extra $50 counts towards stretch goals.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Old 11-29-2019, 02:47 PM   #14
beetle496

I am in at $139 level. Wish I could start painting my mini’s now — even if I had to wait a year to play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
The game is for two to four players. The game does not support more than four players.
Back in the day, I am sure we played more than once with 6-8 players. I don’t remember it being tedious! But maybe I am blocking that part of my memory?

I am loving what I am seeing of the game mechanics, but it does seem slow.

Also, stock vehicles seem to have too many guns and not enough armor (same as before), but that might follow from the design rules.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:59 PM   #15
juris

$139 seems like the consensus :)

So it begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle496 View Post
I am in at $139 level. Wish I could start painting my mini’s now — even if I had to wait a year to play!

Old 11-29-2019, 03:08 PM   #16
HeatDeath

The gun-to-armor ratio is a free parameter that's generally down to the designer's artistic license. But I know they're going for something very zoomy and boomy with this game design. The target feel seems to be that armor will absorb 2-3 good shots, but definitely no Battletech-ish "ablate your way through 7-8 average shots worth of armor before systems start failing" here.

You probably /can/ build turtles with the components we have, but they did not feature prominently in any of the playtest games I watched at Fnordcon or any of the posted videos.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:11 PM   #17
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Back in the day, I am sure we played more than once with 6-8 players. I don’t remember it being tedious! But maybe I am blocking that part of my memory?
I promise you have blocked some memories.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:11 PM   #18
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
I'm already painting cars I've 3d printed to the appropriate scale as practice for getting the real thing.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Old 11-29-2019, 03:12 PM   #19
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
You probably /can/ build turtles with the components we have, but they did not feature prominently in any of the playtest games I watched at Fnordcon or any of the posted videos.
We've done what we can to limit this sort of behavior. Turtle mode makes for a dull and frustrating game for the other players. And if a player does try this tactic, I highly recommend the others direct all attacks at that player until the problem is destroyed.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:45 PM   #20
Mallen the dark

Quote:
I remember playing at Titan Games and Comics back more than 20 years ago, we would have more than ten people around 4 by 6 foot table in the back room. We all had a great time. I can't remember how often we played, but I know it was at least twice a month. The only time things got tense was when someone wanted to get past us to get to the restroom.
Closed Thread