Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-23-2015, 09:00 AM   #461
ajardoor

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Brew Psycho
Spell Effects:
Lesser Create Magic + Lesser Control Chance.
Inherent Modifiers: Bestows a Bonus, all attack and damage rolls.
Greater Effects: 0 (x1).

This elixir is a magical drug that boosts the combat prowess (providing a bonus to both to-hit and damage rolls - all of them) of the consumer for the duration. A quirk while making this elixir may cause it to become somewhat addictive - the GM may allow characters to have an Addiction to this elixir. A nasty effect of the drug is that the user suffers from Berserk (12) for a minute, and then must roll Will once per additional minute to lose the Disadvantage.

Typical Form: Potion or Ointment.
Typical Ingredients: boar tusks, swords, brass knuckles, eagle claws, gun sights, scorpion stingers.
Typical Casting: Lesser Create Magic (6) + Lesser Control Chance (5) + Bestows a Bonus, +2 to all attack and damage rolls (10) + Duration, 10 minutes (1). 22 energy (22x1).
Note: The non-resistible backlash effect of Berserk (12) affects only the user, not the caster, and gives us the total energy reduction of -5%, to 21 energy.

---
Brew Mentat
Spell Effects:
Lesser Create Magic + Lesser Strengthen Mind.
Inherent Modifiers: Altered Traits, increased IQ.

This elixir is a magical drug that boosts the intelligence of the consumer for the duration. It cannot benefit spell casting. A quirk while making this elixir may cause it to become somewhat addictive - the GM may allow characters to have an Addiction to this elixir. Once the drug wears off, the consumer suffers from Chronic Depression (6) for as long as you benefited from the drug (minimum 10 minutes).

Typical Form: Potion or Ointment.
Typical Ingredients: owl eyes, human brains, light bulbs, science textbooks, fox fur, Rubik's cube, puzzle rings, crossword puzzles.
Typical Casting: Lesser Create Magic (6) + Altered Traits, +1 IQ (20) + Lesser Strengthen Mind (3) + Duration, 6 hours (5). 34 energy (34x1).
Note: The non-resistible backlash effect of the elixir is Aftermath, Chronic Depression (6) for a -15% reduction, to 29 energy.

Last edited by ajardoor; 08-23-2015 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Added new content
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:32 PM   #462
ajardoor

Read Me/This is Not a Place of Honor
Spell Effects:
Lesser Sense Mind.
Inherent Modifiers: Area of Effect.

This spell is cast upon a surface (writing on a wall requires an Area of Effect modifier) or amount of paper (including a book) which has writing on it. The spell, for the duration, automatically translates the subject writing telepathically for any intelligent reader - humanoids, typically. All the reader has to do is look at the writing and the spell will allow them full comprehension of it as if they naturally spoke the language. Useful for instruction manuals, road signs and "STAY OUT, UNDEAD INSIDE!!" This is a purely mental effect, it does not change the actual physical writing. An improved version may needed for alien readers with off-world languages or non-sapient animals with no sophisticated languages.

Typical Casting: Duration, 3 days (8) + Area of Effect, 10 yards (8) + Range, 3 yards (1) + Lesser Sense Mind (2). 19 energy (19x1).
Old 08-24-2015, 03:18 PM   #463
Anders

A thousand years of winter

A spell to trap a small kingdom in winter for a thousand years. Suitable for an apocalyptic madman doomsday sect:

Lesser Destroy Energy (5) + Area of Effect: 100 miles (30) + Duration (1021)

Doesn't really need any Greater Effects when you can go for the completely insane duration.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:34 AM   #464
ajardoor

Silent Storm

[This is not a Ritual, but actually a magic item based on the rules detailed in the blog post linked below, for use in a setting which uses the RPM system. Feel free to post similar magic items in this thread as well.]

http://www.ravensnpennies.com/2014/0...l#.VaE_vUrXerU

This .338 sniper rifle is enchanted to be fired completely silently, lacking muzzle flash, no smell or dirt from gunpowder and any other evidence or sign of your standard mundane gunshot. It does, however, leave a magical trace. Great for the assassin in a secret magic world. This feature is active for as long as the XS magitek battery is charged - a full charge is worth 6 hours of power.

Its stats as a gun are;

SM -3
Cost $369,750
Power Requirement (Magitek Battery): XS/6 hrs.

Damage 9d+1 pi
Acc 6+3
Range 1500/5500
Weight 17.5/0.8
RoF 1
Shots 4+1(3)
ST 11B two-handed
Bulk -6
Rcl 4
LC 2

Statistics: Piercing Attack 9d+1 (Magical, -10%; Conventional Firearm, RoF 1, -25%; Increased Shots +3, +20%; Accuracy +3+3, +30%; Increased Range x55, +51%; Increased 1/2D Range x95, +30%; Extra Recoil +2, -30%; No Signature, +20%) [87].

[NOTE: I am pretty sure that my math on the stats is off. Rules lawyers, work your magic. In particular, the percentages for Shots and RoF are somewhat eye-balled.]
---

Unlabored Excellency

[I am reposting this magic item because I made a mistake on its stats and cost. Edited version is correct, sorry!]

This Loyal, Unique Enchanted Revolver seems quite similar to a .44 Magnum, but it is quite capable of strange feats. Shots from this gun can ricochet off surfaces, if at -2 to hit per ricochet and at range penalties for total distance along the indirect path. Shots from this gun can ignore up to -2 in penalties to hit for cover, target posture and intervening figures. This gun can be used with the Road Agent's Spin trick, if you make a successful Guns (Pistol) roll. This gun will magically inform you of its status while you are holding it - including ammo count, safety, any jams, bullet type and the presence of a chambered round. This gun effectively treats your ST as 2 higher for the purposes of avoiding penalties for insufficient ST to wield this firearm. This gun never runs out of ammo - it magically creates its own. This gun never discharges accidentally. This gun can be stowed as a free action with a successful Fast-Draw (Pistol) roll. Shifting this gun to an empty hand is a free action, swapping it with a gun in the other hand is a single Ready manoeuvre. You ignore penalties to fire this gun with the grip up and using the ring finger to squeeze the trigger. All of these features are magical.

Its raw stats as a gun are;

3d pi+
1/2D 200
Max 2000
Acc 3
RoF 3
Shots 6(3i)
Rcl 2
ST 11
Bulk -3
Weight 3 lbs.

Loyal (only one authorised user at a time, can be switched by authorised user), Unique (cannot be replaced), Small, $190000, 3 lbs., Self-powered. LC2.

Statistics: Large Piercing Attack 3d (Magical, -10%; Conventional Firearm, Slow Reload, +20%; Increased Range 20x, +40%) [27] + Bank Shot (Guns (Pistol)) (Magical, -10%) [1] + Bend the Bullet (Guns (Pistol)) (Magical, -10%) [1] + Shtick (Twirl) (Magical, -10%) [1] + Gun Whisperer (Guns (Pistol)) (Magical, -10%) [1] + Hand Cannon 2 (Magical, -10%) [2] + Infinite Ammunition (Magical, -10%) [1] + Pants-Positive Safety (Magical, -10%) [1] + Quick-Sheathe (Pistol) (Magical, -10%) [1] + Quick-Swap (Pistol) (Magical, -10%) [1] + Upside-Down Shooting (Pistol) (Magical, -10%) [1].
Old 09-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #465
oneofmanynameless

Has anyone made a Cornocopia spell? Like... this bowl will create any food you want when you hold it and wish for it... until the spell ends (or it uses up it's subject weight?)
oneofmanynameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:49 PM   #466
Dalillama

Ghost Weapon
Spell Effects: Lesser Destroy Spirit
Inherent Modifiers: None

Cast on an existing weapon, this spell allows it it affect insubstantial beings for the duration. (Note that depending on local cosmology, this may be a Path of Undead effect instead).

Typical Casting: Lesser Destroy Spirit (5) + Duration, 10 minutes (1) + Subject Weight, 10 lb (0). 6 energy (6x1).

EDIT: I feel like I'm missing something here, but I'm not sure what.

Last edited by Dalillama; 09-21-2015 at 09:57 PM.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:20 PM   #467
Humabout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Ghost Weapon
Spell Effects: Lesser Destroy Spirit
Inherent Modifiers: None

Cast on an existing weapon, this spell allows it it affect insubstantial beings for the duration. (Note that depending on local cosmology, this may be a Path of Undead effect instead).

Typical Casting: Lesser Destroy Spirit (5) + Duration, 10 minutes (1) + Subject Weight, 10 lb (0). 6 energy (6x1).

EDIT: I feel like I'm missing something here, but I'm not sure what.
The spell in Magic allows the user switch between affecting substantial and insubstantial at his whim, but that wouldn't change the spell's build. If you wanted to complicate this by making the blade itself turn insubstantial, you could use Greater Transform Matter and Greater Transform Spirit effects, but your build is cleaner and should still work.

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:32 PM   #468
oneofmanynameless

I was toying around with ideas relating to the Path of Non-existance (Daath) from the RPM book and had a few ideas. Here's the first of them:

Mundanity Ward
Spell Effects: Greater Destroy Non-Existance, Greater Strengthen Non-Existance
Inherent Modifiers: Ward
Greater Effects: 2 (x5)

This spell uses a Greater Destroy Non-Existance to destroy the rule which says wards against the non-supernatural can't exist and then a Greater Strengthen Non-Existance to create an area in which mundane entities and phenomena cannot properly exist. Effectively creating a ward against mundane entities and phenomena. Mundane objects, entities, and phenomena within the area of the ward are stuck there, thus the ground, trees, sky, even the weather will remain. However, new phenomena and changes in these phenomena (if the spell lasts long enough) are likely to become increasingly strange. While this can create interesting effects (such as plants growing in unnatural ways and freak blizzards in summer), if the duration lasts long enough, the primary purpose of this spell is to protect against mundane entities.
Undead, Spirits, Lycanthropes, and all other supernatural creatures are automatically immune. People with super powers, magical skills, and cinematic skills may be immune to the ward, or may simply be resistant (GMs option.) But utterly mundane people, plants, and animals are affected as though by a ward.

Typical Casting: Greater Destroy Non-Existance [5] + Greater Strengthen Non-Existance [4] + Duration, 1 hour [3] + Area of Effect, 10 yards [8] = 20x5 = 100 energy.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:07 PM   #469
Langy

A ritual for a TL5^ campaign involving airships; my character is an ex aeronautical marine of New Britain.

Kinetic Web
Spell Effects: Greater Destroy Energy + Lesser Sense Energy.
Inherent Modifiers: Speed.
Greater Effects: 1 (×3).

Typically cast as a charm. When cast, any object massing less than 1000 pounds within the area of effect of the spell that is traveling faster than 5 yards per second is immediately (and safely) slowed down to 5 yards per second (or by 150 yards per second, if already traveling greater than 155 yards per second). Objects entering the field after it has been established will likewise be slowed down.

The Kinetic Web is often used by New Britain Drop Marines to board enemy vessels or to assault areas from the sky. A typical operation has a six-man squad dropping from a single vessel, using their Parachuting/TL5^ skill to stay in tight formation. When they near their drop zone, one of their number will deploy a Kinetic Web at the landing point, and they will use their Parachuting/TL5^ skill to nullify the final velocity change. Because the Area of Effect only extends four meters above the surface of the drop zone, the Marines arrive in a tightly-packed flash, almost as if they teleported there - it can be extremely effective as a surprise attack, and even in non-surprise situations they are moving so fast that it is nearly impossible to shoot a Marine out of the sky when on the drop.

This Casting: Greater Destroy Energy (5) + Lesser Control Magic (5) + Lesser Sense Energy (2) + Speed, 150 yds/second (11) + Duration, 10 minutes (1) + Area Of Effect, 20 yards (12) + Subject Weight, 1,000 lbs. (4). 120 energy (40×3).
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:28 AM   #470
oneofmanynameless

Another Way of Doing That
Spell Effects: Lesser Destroy Non-Existance
Inherent Modifiers: Metamagic
Greater Effects: 0 (x1)

This spell uses a lesser destroy non-existance to create a "hung" (conditional) spell. You must include enough metamagic to encompass the entire energy cost of the spell you wish to have hung. The trigger for the hung spell must be simple enough to not require a sense effect. Finally, the hung spell only remains hung for as long as you pay for with duration.

Typical Casting: Lesser Destroy Non-Existance (5) + Metamagic (fireball) [18] + Duration 12 hours [6] = 29 energy.

Tags
ghostly movement, magic, ritual path magic, rpm, thaumatology