Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 08-30-2004, 07:55 PM   #1
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default {In Nomine} Favorite Canon Superiors?

Out of idle curiosity, which Superiors are people's favorites -- and why?
Old 08-30-2004, 09:12 PM   #2
DryaUnda

Default Re: {In Nomine} Favorite Canon Superiors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
Out of idle curiosity, which Superiors are people's favorites -- and why?
For myself, It would have to be Vapula and Novalis. Their Words, well, resonate (no pun intended) with me, especially when they're used together. That alone should tell you volumes about myself.

(Maybe SSO could have another couple...)
DryaUnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 09:49 PM   #3
Lucius Drake

From the Host:

Yves - Enigmatic, wise, and he has a Library as his Cathedral, which is something I just cannot overlook.

Gabriel - Blazingly insane. Because of Belial? Sure, that's the party-line. Heh. Maybe she's nuts because she got too much of God's plan? Maybe the horror of the future was too much for her to take? I love to play with motivations.

Eli - If you look at Creation as a verb, it's pretty important. But if you look at Creation as a noun, it's everything! I can't help but smile that a hippy is the most powerful being short of God (and maybe, just maybe Lucifer).

From the Horde:

Kronos - Inevitable. He just popped up one day in Hell. Lucifer says "say hello to the new Prince, the new very powerful new Prince." Humans being what we are, Kronos' Word alone makes sure that souls keep flowing into Hell. Gotta respect that.

Baal - Proud, but not necessarily evil. A warrior, a general, and brilliant as both. Dangerous because he knows he's right.

Lucifer.

Oh? You thought I was going to explain that one? Nope. I figure he doesn't need it.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:13 AM   #4
harlecerule

Eli. Without a doubt, Eli. :) Other than him, I adore Gabriel and Janus.

On the Infernal side of things, Kobal. There's potential there, I feel.
If there was a rock and a windowpane
Who'd throw stones, who'd walk away?
harlecerule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 03:06 AM   #5
brass

Come on people Malphas, gotto love the game of factions.

It's like jenga only with broken halos. But seriously as the ultimite in Egoism Malphas is the way to go.

...Tell the others.
brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:31 PM   #6
MIB4223

Gabriel - I simply enjoy the mix of passion, insanity and semi-useful prophecies. Besides - she's hot (pun intended).

Jean - Always being cool while probably being one of the AAs with the most secret projects. I think he can compete with Yves about being enigmatic.

Malphas - Look around you. If it wasn't for Factions people would get along in a way that would damage nearly any other infernal Word. I always like to sow a little distrust.

NOT Eli - I probably would have liked Eli the way he was 4000 years ago or so. Today's Eli doesn't add anything to anything. Sure, having an archangel smoke pot and misbehave is fun and all... a few times. It simply gets old.
MIB4223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:54 PM   #7
Isawa Brian

Let's see... Canon, huh? I can't even send my obligatory tease in your direction?

I'm really fond of the Cherub-ish superiors, personally. I get along well with them in terms of personality, although Blandine irriates me. I say Cherub-Ish because the post-Cherub Malakite David is my absolute all-time favorite, and not just because lithic technology is my life. I like that sense of dedication, unity, and togetherness, although I'm not fond of the skinheads stuff. For similar reasons, Zaddie is my favorite minor. Chris used to be second, but irritating portrayals of him have pushed him down somewhat on my list. Novalis is behind all of them- I think she's sweet, and in a way, she's a realistic pacifist- she WILL permit violence, if there's no other option- but she and I just don't mesh well.

Other than that, I have a fondness for Michael when I'm feeling militant, and Laurence makes for a great impetus of plot devices. Janus I find to be highly useful in writing 19th-18th century stuff, and Gabby's prophecies...

And, heck. I'm a book Geek. Yves all the way, baby!

I guess what I'm really saying is that I like all of Heaven. Marc is interesting- especially since I'm doing some work now on early trade- Jean has the /toys/ man... Um. :) I'm a Heaven Fanboy. Even you, too, Jordi, ya big lug! *hugs* *has hand mauled* Dammit, third time this week.

Cherub of Archives
Isawa Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 01:24 PM   #8
Leticia

All of them.

Yeah, that sounds pretty wishy-washy, but I can look at any of the Superiors and, from the right angle, say "Oooh, look at the pretty story-hooks." There are some interpretations of Superiors I find bland and uninspiring, but I can always find a more interesting interpretation.

As for which of the Superiors I interpret in such a way I like them best... Eli and Gabriel. I love the crazy angels. :)
Leticia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 05:09 AM   #9
Nevyn

Host:

I've always really really liked David and Uriel. (Sure Uriel's not really involved in anything anymore, being kinda... indisposed, but he's still Canon) And yes I admit it, it's because I really really like Malakim.
But David is so much more than "Just a Malakite" as Laurence too frequently comes across as (Don't get me wrong, I know there's much more to Laurence, ya just don't see it most of the time) The unwavering stances, the eternal memories, the fact that when (in game) David asks if there's anything "you need", you can ask for time to ponder your responce.

"I own a sword, in truth because killing Malphus bare handed would be nausiating" - David, Archangel of Stone

Horde:

I'm gunna have to go with Baal. For many reasons already stated by Mr Drake and Dr Jackson.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:32 AM   #10
Xavier

From the Host:
Eli, especially when he takes other Superiors and Celestials down a peg.
"How can you blow something up with a Martini?!"
"You can't. At least not easily. It is green, though."
The guy has style, and he knows what hes doing. He may have gone on a hiatus, but now theres purpose.

From the Horde:
Kronos. He knows how to keep things cryptic enough to keep everyone out of the loop while keeping those in the know tightly bound within.
Its probable that he knows the end of the war, and hes just playing a nice game of Othello or Chess with Yves. May the most win.
;)

Tags
meta, superiors