Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-11-2016, 12:22 AM   #1
Humabout

Default [Halfway to Anywhere] Further Support Requests

For those who don't know and care, I am currently working on an aerospace engineering degree and expect to be taking proper courses in orbital mechanics within the next year. As hard science fiction is my baby (and this was my first article published), I hope to continue supporting it as I learn more.

All of that said, is there anything in particular people would like to see in the future (as I learn how to do this in far more detail)? Suggestions should adhere to:

1) More detail about a specific orbital mechanics scenario.

2) Covering an orbital mechanics scenario not addressed in the article.

3) Avoid roleplaying-specific concerns - this would be more about sorting the math/physics/etc. of the scenario than how to handle a failed roll. That said, I can tell you how I'd personally handle various RP situations, but bear in mind that it's my take and not a scientific take.

I don't know when I will be able to address anyone's concerns, but knowing up front what I'm looking for will let me seek out information as I land in these classes and get to bother professors for answers, assuming I can't handle a response on my own.

[EDIT]
In case it is a concern, I'd be posting responses on the forums or on my blog - not in a follow-up article. Consider this ongoing support.

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.

Last edited by Humabout; 04-11-2016 at 12:46 AM.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:03 AM   #2
Daigoro

Default Re: [Halfway to Anywhere] Further Support Requests

There was some of the stuff we came up with in scc's moons of pseudo-Jupiter thread, which you probably remember. Some stuff about low-energy transfers, if I recall, which would be tediously slow in interplanetary transfers but perhaps dramatic and interesting in a more densely populated orbital environment.
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote