Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-07-2011, 07:11 AM   #201
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Barb, I'll make sure to email Kane's sheet to you again before I shut down for the night. Sorry about the delay.
Hurry up and wait--I'm terrifically sorry on that. I got a call from a friend who I was going to put up while her apartment was serviced--now she's jobless and homeless in a foreign country as of tomorrow night. We both have the same excellent agency so this should be a short-term situation, but it did occupy my evening cleaning up my spare room.

On the bright side, this meant I found my MHC folder, which will do in a pinch. I have to re-Warify Corat and then determine some fair and fun way to place the Calabite, any wandering demons in the area, and otherwise map all this out. Tomorrow at work if I'm very lucky--Friday or this weekend if I'm not so lucky. (It's Wednesday night here)

Puck, lurkers, and all--the lasso seems to be a weird and Wheely form of Num. Corpus. I'm wondering if I have to call that a Song--I figure Celestial forms are pretty fluid. If I have to call it a Song, it made a Noise.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #202
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Hurry up and wait--I'm terrifically sorry on that. I got a call from a friend who I was going to put up while her apartment was serviced--now she's jobless and homeless in a foreign country as of tomorrow night. We both have the same excellent agency so this should be a short-term situation, but it did occupy my evening cleaning up my spare room.

On the bright side, this meant I found my MHC folder, which will do in a pinch. I have to re-Warify Corat and then determine some fair and fun way to place the Calabite, any wandering demons in the area, and otherwise map all this out. Tomorrow at work if I'm very lucky--Friday or this weekend if I'm not so lucky. (It's Wednesday night here)

Puck, lurkers, and all--the lasso seems to be a weird and Wheely form of Num. Corpus. I'm wondering if I have to call that a Song--I figure Celestial forms are pretty fluid. If I have to call it a Song, it made a Noise.
If it's a celestial form, then Kane won't be cutting it -- the last thing he wants to do is wound an ally.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #203
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
If it's a celestial form, then Kane won't be cutting it -- the last thing he wants to do is wound an ally.
I figure weapons like Sunae's i.e. that can exist in Celestial are fairly rare. Combat there is usually done the old-fashioned way, alma a alma.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #204
tHEhERETIC

A blue Chinese formal--you mean like this, in blue? http://cheongsam.hk/index.php?main_p..._image&pID=899

Anyway, I drew the cards for Kane vs the Freak and it's close--could you remind me the bonuses on that sword? I promise to put them in the right notebook this time, and not to lose it...
Old 09-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #205
ladyarcana55

Quote:
A blue Chinese formal--you mean like this, in blue? http://cheongsam.hk/index.php?main_p..._image&pID=899
YES! But it's a brighter blue with no gold trim. Sorry, being a little too picky

Quote:
Anyway, I drew the cards for Kane vs the Freak and it's close--could you remind me the bonuses on that sword? I promise to put them in the right notebook this time, and not to lose it...
We got it straight out of the Core. Pg 71

But here is what I got from our PMs...

It deals double damage to Hellsworn and demons, and persons who have reached their Fate. When the flame is activated, it burns blue around such people and smells of brimstone. Really nasty smell, as you likely know.

It can't distinguish a demon from a Hellsworn from a Fated, however, it just hates on anyone who's owned by Hell. The rare soul who's reached both Fate and Destiny will confuse it, and it will indicate Hell-person about half the time. Ditto a Hellsworn who has reached his Destiny.

Once it is out of her hand, or that of the person she designates, it returns to its scabbard. The drawback to that is if it gets knocked out of her hand in combat she'll need another Essence to retrieve it. However, it does mean that it will never be in hostile hands and it will always return.

If she loans it to someone ordinary, it's just a really nice katana.

If she is coerced into handing it to someone from Hell, in its hatred the wrappings around its handle will loosen, making it hard to grip. However, it means Sunae will have to repair it later.

Anyone who's been to Hell knows that brimstone burns blue, and seeing it turn to that color will be intimidating.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #206
Rocket Man

Barb: As far as special defenses, no, unless either the sword has a special ability I don't know about or his Oaths would give him any protection. (The latter isn't RAW, but I suppose it's possible that his "suffer no evil to live/no surrender to evil" oaths might give him a bonus in resisting effects that might normally throw him into retreat. That's a GM decision, though, NOT canon.)

Clarification -- is he using a Song of Entropy? Or is he "just" slamming his normal resonance into the Malakite, trying to do as much damage as possible? Since a Calabite is walking entropy, I just wanted to be clear.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #207
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Barb: As far as special defenses, no, unless either the sword has a special ability I don't know about or his Oaths would give him any protection. (The latter isn't RAW, but I suppose it's possible that his "suffer no evil to live/no surrender to evil" oaths might give him a bonus in resisting effects that might normally throw him into retreat. That's a GM decision, though, NOT canon.)

Clarification -- is he using a Song of Entropy? Or is he "just" slamming his normal resonance into the Malakite, trying to do as much damage as possible? Since a Calabite is walking entropy, I just wanted to be clear.
"Just" slamming his resonance in.

On the bright side, Corat will be lucid again shortly, and I spent an entire bus ride figuring out how he'd talk Eu into retreat in Celestial i.e. with subtext and without lying. Because that oath is serious, and everyone knows it's there.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #208
Rocket Man

Quote:
"Just" slamming his resonance in.

On the bright side, Corat will be lucid again shortly, and I spent an entire bus ride figuring out how he'd talk Eu into retreat in Celestial i.e. with subtext and without lying. Because that oath is serious, and everyone knows it's there.
Wonderful. Sometimes, there's what the player knows is smart to do, and what the character has to do.

If he takes the Calabite's resonance on the jaw, he'll try to use the pain as an excuse to grip the sword hilt tighter, using it to lock his grip.

"The trick is not minding that it hurts." -- from Lawrence of Arabia.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #209
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Wonderful. Sometimes, there's what the player knows is smart to do, and what the character has to do.

If he takes the Calabite's resonance on the jaw, he'll try to use the pain as an excuse to grip the sword hilt tighter, using it to lock his grip.

"The trick is not minding that it hurts." -- from Lawrence of Arabia.
Um, unless I'm reading it wrong, celestial form = Calabite Celestial Entropy. Why do you think Corat's panicking?

Nightmare on Figueroa Street...
Old 09-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #210
Rocket Man

Quote:
Um, unless I'm reading it wrong, celestial form = Calabite Celestial Entropy. Why do you think Corat's panicking?

Nightmare on Figueroa Street...
Hm ... guess I misunderstood; I thought it was straight Soul damage rather than mimicking the Song.

Tags
in nomine