Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 04-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #1
kevster

Default Are "stuck" monsters still considered to be in play?

This has come up in my group, and I couldn't find a clarification in the rules. Are monsters that are stuck to hero cards (squidzilla, combo rat) still considered to be in play? Meaning, can they be targeted by cards that damage monsters? My gut says no, especially since the rules say only the title of the stuck card should be visible, but need to be sure :)
kevster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #2
ClassicFrog

Default Re: Are "stuck" monsters still considered to be in play?

wow thats a good question. my gut says that they are still monsters and can be targeted and damaged or squished like a monster in the stash. as long as the card doing the damage or squishing doesn't refer specifically to the stash or "hired".

for example elvish-impersonator could damage combo rat and squish it.

but like /crash-and-burn or rain-of-death wouldn't be able to deal damage to a monster stuck to another card.
ClassicFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:37 AM   #3
kevster

Truthfully, I can see it both ways. I'm sure we'll get an official response soon.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:16 PM   #4
kevster

I received an answer on the munchkin ccg discord channel. When monsters are stuck to a card, they are no longer monsters but are curses. They're still working on the exact language they want to use.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:29 PM   #5
Mayoke Rin

Thankfully Devin Lewis clarified this for us.

I would also love to see the new official wording but I did have to make adjustments to my deck because as a Thief I can use Silent but Deadly instead of Bod-e Guard to remove these cards from my hero. (I know they play a bit differently but I prefer the extra damage to my opponent when I remove a card)
Mayoke Rin is offline   Reply With Quote