Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 04-25-2020, 11:19 PM   #31
Steve Plambeck

Default Re: Book of Unlife and Red Crypt

I hate to sound like a dunce, but what exactly is the difference between backing a Kickstarter campaign and backing a Backerkit? Is it one or both that requires the completion of a survey?
Old 04-26-2020, 03:33 AM   #32
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Plambeck View Post
I hate to sound like a dunce, but what exactly is the difference between backing a Kickstarter campaign and backing a Backerkit? Is it one or both that requires the completion of a survey?
* Kickstarter - The crowdfunding campaign. This is where we measure interest and, if the project is successful, move forward.

* BackerKit - This is the pledge manager, where Kickstarter backers provide us with their address, pay for shipping, and may select add-on items to include with their rewards package.

ALSO: Those who missed the Kickstarter campaign can often place a pre-order during the BackerKit stage. All BackerKit orders, regardless of if they are Kickstarter rewards or BackerKit pre-orders, ship at the same time.

Does this make things clearer?
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 02:20 PM   #33
Steve Plambeck

Thanks Phil!
Old 04-29-2020, 10:33 AM   #34
Terquem

Will there be "limits" on the number of Journals and Labyrinth Planners we can order in the Backer Kit?
Terquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:54 AM   #35
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terquem View Post
Will there be "limits" on the number of Journals and Labyrinth Planners we can order in the Backer Kit?
There probably won't be limits during the first week of the BackerKit survey.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:28 AM   #36
Shadekeep

Got the backer PDFs of both titles, thanks! They showed up in Backerkit as well as W23.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:22 AM   #37
larsdangly

I had fun going through the PDFs last night; these turned out really great! I tend to wait until I have hard copies to use most game materials, but I will start slipping things from the BoU in right away.

One question: in the core rules, both vampires and werewolves have a healing power (recover damage not done by silver weapons) but I don't recall seeing it specified for the BoU version of vampires (or anyone else, for that matter). I also don't recall seeing the damage recovery property of the BoU Lich, so perhaps it too differs from the previous 'official' presentation of the Lich in the book of adventures. Are there any corporeal undead in the BoU who are immune to normal weapons, or recover damage quickly?
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:47 PM   #38
Shadekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
One question: in the core rules, both vampires and werewolves have a healing power (recover damage not done by silver weapons) but I don't recall seeing it specified for the BoU version of vampires (or anyone else, for that matter). I also don't recall seeing the damage recovery property of the BoU Lich, so perhaps it too differs from the previous 'official' presentation of the Lich in the book of adventures. Are there any corporeal undead in the BoU who are immune to normal weapons, or recover damage quickly?
That's correct, I didn't mention anything about the effects of silver on nosferatu. One could use the same rules for vampires, or conversely one could argue that the reaction to silver is part of the living metabolic process of a vampire and not germane for a nosferatu. I'm fine with GMs handling it either way, and happy to address it officially if there is a revised version of the book.

Liches in Unlife use Drain Strength to reconstitute themselves more rapidly. It's one of the core spells required to attain lich-hood.

Some thanatophiles cannot be permanently killed (e.g., Psychopomp, Dullahan), and the Wendigo recovers all damage upon feeding. Apart from the standard Skeleton immunity to arrows and various other specific immunities (the Manes immunity to fire for one), there aren't a lot of weapons-based limitations or bonuses against corporeal undead in the book.

Last edited by Shadekeep; 05-25-2020 at 03:20 PM.
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:54 PM   #39
Droll

The Apocrypha out of the BoU as posted on Shadekeep's website I think is enlightening to read and a worthwhile supplement. As such it adds a good deal to the priestly figure's stock in trade.
Pertaining to séance contacts and rites of passage with the afterlife, I once made up a solo adventure designed for player figures who'd been lost in the course of play, using the free Dark City Games derivative ruleset. I post it here: http://playhob.com/Case/rehG5.html
Droll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:05 AM   #40
Shadekeep

Is there a ballpark date for when these items will hit Warehouse 23? I want to be sure to update my links once they are available for general purchase. Thanks!