Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 10-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
Starbreaker

Default Munchkin Booty 2 - Explorer?

Hello there. When I bought the Munchkin Booty expansion, I was happy to find out that a new class had been added to the game. The only problem is that I don't understand what the "Resourcefulness" power does.

"Discard a card from yer hand to take one of yer cards out of play and back into yer hand. Cannot be used on a curse."

(For my example, let's say I'm wearing an armor.)
The way I see it is that I can discard one card from my hand (whatever it is) to take my armor back into my hands. I can do it with any item (ship, sword, headgear, etc) but I can't discard a card to get rid of a curse. Is that it?

Keep in mind that I'm not a native English speaker so my understanding can be quite limited sometimes. This card confuses me and I'm really not sure what to do with it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Starbreaker; 10-05-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Baradrae

Default Re: Munchkin Booty 2 - Explorer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
(For my example, let's say I'm wearing an armor.)
The way I see it is that I can discard one card from my hand (whatever it is) to take my armor back into my hands. I can do it with any item (ship, sword, headgear, etc) but I can't discard a card to get rid of a curse. Is that it?
That is exactly it. This also works for non-items, like classes, races, loyalties, accents or powers (assuming you were using some combination of decks that added them). The only thing this won't work on is a curse, as stated on the card.
Baradrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #3
StaticHamster

Just to be absolutely certain, it means that you can take a card from play back into the cards that you are holding in your hand.

It does not make any item an item that is in your hands. (as in the hand slot like gloves and the like)

This can be useful in a variety of ways.

On such way is that you have a ship in play and have a better ship in your hand and you don't currently have enough to sell for a level.

Normally you would be stuck with the better ship as you cannot "de-equip" the ship you have in play the Explorer however and discard a card to remove the Ship from the table and put it back into his held cards. He is now free to play the better ship in his hand.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #4
Starbreaker

Thanks!

I have another question, though. If I draw a curse that makes me lose my armor (continuing with the same example as above), can I discard a card to take my armor back in my hands to ignore the curse?
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:28 AM   #5
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
I have another question, though. If I draw a curse that makes me lose my armor (continuing with the same example as above), can I discard a card to take my armor back in my hands to ignore the curse?
Nope. Once the curse hits, it takes effect immediately.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
comino

I have question about Explorer class ability :)
If Explorer has item equiped with cheat card... and use his ability to get that item back in his hand... does cheat card goes in his hand also? Or it's discarded?
Or can I put both cards in hand and equip something else with cheat?
comino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheat, explorer