Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 09-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #31
Clipper

Default Re: About "Rocks fall, everyone dies"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trsevener View Post
Clipper, why do you think the others would have to lose a level? If you used the Mystic ability to avoid death why would the "Rock Falls Everyone Dies" turn into "Rock Falls Everyone Loses A Level"? Avoiding Death from a monster's bad stuff using the Mystic ability should have no effect on the rest of the party through RFED.
Because that's what Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies says happens, unless the player died in the combat...
Old 09-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #32
Trsevener

Just reread my card and you are correct. Guess I should have done that first.

Indiana MIB available for demos and tournaments. Please check out my Facebook page to see what I am up to.
Trsevener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:39 PM   #33
2literpopcorn

Hey I'm wondering on one situation that occurred when I played last.

I played this card when I died with the intention to force the leading player to die. But we couldn't come to a conclusion if it's allowed to play a reloaded die *after* rocks fall, everyone dies was played. I would say it's not because the dice is resolved as soon as the card is played but I could be wrong, hence my post.
2literpopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:18 AM   #34
Brf

Rocks fall, everyone Dies does not have a die roll, so there is nothing for Reloaded Die to affect.
Brf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:47 AM   #35
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brf View Post
Rocks fall, everyone Dies does not have a die roll, so there is nothing for Reloaded Die to affect.
I assume they were wishing to retroactively change the die roll that caused the player to die. They failed to Run Away, THEN played Rocks Fall, THEN somebody wanted to play Reloaded Die to change the Run Away roll so they succeeded and didn't die.

I'd agree with the poster that posed the question that that is not legitimate. Once "Rocks Fall" has been played (or really ANY other cards), I'd say it is too late to respond to the Run Away roll itself by playing Reloaded Die. It isn't like they could convincingly argue that they intended to play it before "Rocks Fall" but didn't get a chance, since they are obviously playing it in response to "Rocks Fall" being played.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:14 AM   #36
Brf

That was my point. The lost-runaway event was already passed and the new Rocks-fall event is the current one. It is only allowed to change the current event, and Rocks-fall does not have a die roll to modify.
Brf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
death, run away