Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 07-14-2018, 08:09 AM   #71
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Last 13 hours for Hall of Judgment

Progress
Things going very, very well! We passed $14,000 during the night, while I was getting a tiny bit of sleep. Not a lot, since there's work to be done. But some.

Let's share this around, hit as many as possible, get the word out, etc. It's more effective if it comes from backers!

Layout Continues
I'm down to six monsters yet to do. Looking at the Thegn of Your Own level, I know I have characters from everyone but one, and he's working on it.

That means that I have a bit of rules tweaking to do for Wilderness survival (the Powered by GURPS version needed more tweaking than initially intended), I have to put some treasure in one encounter, and a few other odds and ends.

Then it's time to re-playtest the thing at least once. Blindtest, really. Which brings me to:

Playtest Announcement
Call for Hall of Judgement playtesters, Playing on discord.

Text based so theater of the mind.
Using Pseudobot for rolling.
Starting NZ(UTC +12) 9-10PM.
Over 3 or 4 weeknights next week.
Using any of the Pregens from DFRPG or Hall of judgement for simplicity, testing and speed
Fair warning the GM is a parent and it is the school holidays
Message the user (E) on the gaming ballistic discord server if interested
If we get more testers than we can handle, priority will go first to highest pledge total, then to who backed first. But if you want to try out the adventure and the pre-gens, this is your shot to do so before publication.

More Shipping
Immediately after I posted my last update, more info came in to make me rethink. The now-128-page book makes things revise a bit. I was premature in stating what things would be. I'm going to look into several ways of getting this all done, but I won't know what it is until next week. It's really about, oddly enough, the best way to get the stuff to US backers. The "not the US" are easy and that's settled in terms of how, if not precisely how much.

As soon as the campaign closes I can send my fulfillment partner the backer list, and we can start working up pricing options. I have a few novel ideas that might be the best of both worlds. As soon as I know, you'll know shortly thereafter.

Finish Strong
I'm now very, very confident in PDF delivery by the first week in August, probably August 1. With the characters in hand, the monsters certainly finished by this weekend (maybe even tonight), and only a bit of writing clean-up to do, the list is pretty small. I've got a great prelim layout pass I'm still happy with, so I'm feeling pretty good about this one.

Please share and spread the word in these last critical 12 hours - the trend in Kickstarters I've seen has been an explosion in the last day, and here we are.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #72
Ze'Manel Cunha

Default Re: Hall of Judgment for the DFRPG: Now LIVE!

Over 500 backers and over $15k with 5 hours to go, not bad at all!
Old 07-14-2018, 03:27 PM   #73
DouglasCole

The Hall of Judgment Kickstarter for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG (Powered by GURPS) is in its last eight hours. We've passed 500% funding, passed 500 backers, and we're going strong.

Join us.

What's in it for you?

* A Foreword by Sean "Dr. Kromm" Punch, GURPS Line Editor, that should make everyone that's wanted to publish for GURPS sit up and take notice
* 20 pages of viking-inspired town, with festivals, culture, and adventure seeds
* Three micro-dungeons to explore: a ruins and two underground warrens.
* Five maps by MonkeyBlood Design (Glynn Seal), ENnie-nominated cartographer. These things are unbelievably cool. Plus six more VTT-sized maps by Dan Roy of Bogie Maps.
*The main adventure, featuring a non-linear evolution in encounters, not-just-combat challenges, and more
*Over a dozen sample characters; five or six are backer submitted at the Thegn of Your Own tier! (now SEVEN!)
*More than 30 creatures ready to play with a new open layout for easy digestion.

A lot of the first part of the adventure is system neutral, too. If you're in need of a nordic town for any game, check this out.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:14 PM   #74
DouglasCole

Boom! And that's a wrap!

Amazing. I'm floored and thrilled by the response to this Kickstarter.

Let me be straight. I expected about 300 folks and $20 per pledge. That would have been a success for me. We landed 1/3 as many backers as the CORE RULES THEMSELVES.

That's just wild, and I thank you for it.

525 Backers; nearly $16,000!

Next Steps
So there's always something to do, and here's what it will be.

As soon as physically possible, I'll get the list of backers to my fulfillment partner. That will allow me to be MUCH more specific about shipping.

My printing contact comes back from vacation on Monday; I'll ping him ASAP about getting all the final pricing details, and do one last comparison of all options.

I have some finalization of the draft to do, including two new backers for A Thegn of Your Own, which brings the total to 16 sample characters, I do believe.

I will prepare the Backerkit portion of the project and get that launched as soon as freakin' possible. That more or less translates as "that portion goes live as soon as I have shipping costs."

There will be some important questions on there. Finalizing shipping address is of course one of them. You will also have the opportunity to spend your pledge and buy add-ons if you like. One of the key questions is going to be "If I get another DFRPG license, what should I make?" Another will be "If that expands beyond the DFRPG, what would you like to see?" I'll also ask if you'd like to be added to my mailing list. I don't use it much, maybe monthly to give updates.

I guess that's it! Sometime right about when I push the PDF to backers, I'll come forward with my usual "where did the money go?" update that I always do, though I will need to be a bit vague about some things because not just my business.

In closing: Thank you, and I will endeavor to make this book worthy of your faith. And with that, hopefully earn your trust when I come back to do another.

I already have ideas. Plans, even.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:51 AM   #75
lachimba

Congratulations Doug

I look forward to my copy
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:20 AM   #76
Dalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
I already have ideas. Plans, even.
Woohoo! Sounds like momentum. I can't wait to find out more.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:17 AM   #77
bert

Yeah, big congratulations!

Looking forward to my copy too, of course! :)
bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #78
DouglasCole

https://gamingballistic.com/2018/07/...le-characters/

Quick update
Old 07-23-2018, 04:37 PM   #79
DouglasCole

If you backed this, within the next few hours you will see the Backerkit surveys go out.

If you did NOT back this, there's still a chance, and the pre-order store will open at the same time. Links will be posted. Passive voice will be used.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:35 PM   #80
DouglasCole

Fulfillment has begun.